Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-26-2016, 07:46 AM
Evil Dead

Lightbulb Shiva and Pennywise: Avatar Aromatherapy

Shiva is the Hindu god of destruction and meditation, a supreme master of deep thought and devastation and a yogi-hermit who prefers to live alone.

Pennywise is the demonic clown from the American horror novel It (Stephen King). Pennywise terrorizes pedestrians and believes that mischievous mayhem creates enlightening misery.

Both of these unusual folk mythos avatars signify a social fascination with nihilism and strength.

It is worthwhile to consider how a Shiva-Pennywise pairing is intellectual and artistically evocative. These two semi-ghoul characters can be used to discuss ideas about complicated narcissism. Why does Shiva meditate on destruction alone in the wilderness? Why does Pennywise terrorize random pedestrians?

Imagine a yin-yang story in which Shiva is narrating the diabolical activities of Pennywise and then confronts the demonic clown and asks him, "Why are you obsessed with pain?"

I'd like to see a Shiva-Pennywise men's cologne at a Halloween store.

Shiva

Pennywise

Last edited by Abishai100; 01-26-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Evil Dead

Very interesting....Yes, I would say it is a worthwhile consideration..... Shiva is one of my patron deities.
Yeah Man...nihilism and strength good combo....
A cologne tho?
Old 01-27-2016, 05:36 AM
Evil Dead

What a great mashup...this really gets my gears turnin'....Fer one thing maybe I'm just splitin' hairs thinkin' well...neither Stephen King nor his imagination can match Shiva's presence and following....

Fragrances can open Akashakic records tho.....Ya ever burn Superhit incense? There's an oil made of the same stuff...So I 'magine this cologne ya speak of is like that only reversed....