Old 08-20-2014, 01:42 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Black Rock (2012) - I haven't seen this one either - It's gotten mixed to mediocre reviews - I'm curious though because I've seen the phrase "feminist horror" thrown around in reference to it and I'm curious as to why it would be labelled as such...
I thought it was enjoyable, but pretty straightforward for a Mark Duplass script. It has more of a survival thriller feel to it. I guess what makes it "feminist horror" is that the men are bad, the women are good, and the good women take revenge on the bad men. A bit simplistic for my tastes, but still a good watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Yes. ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE was just terrible. I'm starting to wonder if the success of May was just pure luck...
For me, it teetered me on the line of love and hate, and in the end neither won. So I guess that's good enough for me. Too much of guys punching women in the face though.

Lucky McKee is a weird mix. He's been criticised for misogyny, while at the same time clearly delivering feminist themes. Confused? Hypocritical? Genius? :)

I'm guessing you didn't like The Woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
I liked Alyce alittle more, both are very indie, but Alyce has a bit more sickness throughout.
Yeah, Alyce felt a bit amateurish for the first half, but when the shizz hits the fan, wee doggie it really hits the fan. I ended up liking it quite a bit.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:05 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I thought it was enjoyable, but pretty straightforward for a Mark Duplass script. It has more of a survival thriller feel to it. I guess what makes it "feminist horror" is that the men are bad, the women are good, and the good women take revenge on the bad men. A bit simplistic for my tastes, but still a good watch.

For me, it teetered me on the line of love and hate, and in the end neither won. So I guess that's good enough for me. Too much of guys punching women in the face though.

Lucky McKee is a weird mix. He's been criticised for misogyny, while at the same time clearly delivering feminist themes. Confused? Hypocritical? Genius? :)

I'm guessing you didn't like The Woman?

Yeah, Alyce felt a bit amateurish for the first half, but when the shizz hits the fan, wee doggie it really hits the fan. I ended up liking it quite a bit.
I didn't realize that my boyfriend wrote Black Rock; I'll have to check it out now.

As for The Woman, no I haven't seen it - I have a feeling that it'll make me feel icky and uncomfortable, so I've decided to avoid it - What are your thoughts on the movie? Like it, don't like it, etc.? And isn't it part of the Jack Ketchum trilogy?

This is currently On Instant and it's pretty damn good.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:49 PM
No, fuck YOU

If you're into indie dramas with a tiny story and strong characters, this one might be for you.

Loved this boy. He carried the entire movie, and while his acting wasn't up there with the likes of Tye Sheridan I still think he was perfectly cast for the role. Tough but still innocent looking. I mean.... just.... look at that face!!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:24 PM
HDC Idol

This is fairly entertaining.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Banned

Not what I would call a "gem" but you may enjoy it if you haven't seen any of the movies it blatantly rips off

Torment

Last edited by newb; 09-17-2014 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:26 AM
No, fuck YOU

Rampage: Capital Punishment
Old 09-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Not what I would call a "gem" but you may enjoy it if you haven't seen any of the movies it blatantly rips off

Torment
Watched it tonight. Pretty derivative, but not bad. I don't regret it. Hey, it has Katharine Isabelle.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Evil Dead

Netflix is my best friend.....

Yeah, I also watch a lot of tv :danger:

Netflix is great for catching tv shows and movies when you don't have cable!!

My tv shows:
The Following
Breaking Bad
Sons of Anarchy
The Walking Dead
House of Cards
Orange is the New Black
Revolution
American Horror Story
Supernatural
Vampire Diaries
Sherlock
Bates Hotel
Blacklist
Low Winter Sun
The Killing
Dexter
And there could be a few I missed.

Movies in my instant queue:
There are a lot (more in my dvd que) and I just don't feel like typing them all. It sounds like it's similar to what many of you watch on here.

Btw, it's awesome to be on a forum where people love horror movies as much as I do

Old 10-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Banned

Big Ass Spider

its a fun one

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1830713/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Old 10-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Evil Dead

Django Unchained - love this movie!!
The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete - awesome movie!!