Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-28-2003, 12:31 PM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
Thumbs up Willard

Being the horror buff that I am I could not wait to get my hands on Willard. Little did I know that this movie was a light horror and mostly Drama(imo)with some suspense mixed in, however I was plesantly surprised. The movie starts of quicker than a virgin with a dildo introducing us to Willard and his ugly ass momma. The moment when Willard meets soccertease and becomes friends was very touching. One of the highlights of the movie besides Crispin Glover was R.Lee Emery who played a wonderfull asshole as always. Crispin Glover was great as Willard and I felt bad for him at times yet thought he was one weirdo at others. For some strange reason I can't think of all of the reasons why I liked this movie so much, But I give it a 3 out of 4. Willard is a great dramatic thriller you should check out:)
Old 10-28-2003, 12:37 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was visually amazing and quite dark, and it stuck to the original film pretty damn close. I just didn't like the ending though.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:47 PM
King of Klowns

Willard Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it hough was it soccertease that came in the mental asylum at the end:confused:
Old 10-28-2003, 12:58 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Killer Clown#1
Willard Spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get it hough was it soccertease that came in the mental asylum at the end:confused:
I don't think it could have been Socrates, he got bashed to hell. I think it was just another rat. That wasn't even the original ending anyway. They just tacked that on there cuz they didn't want to piss anyone off. Willard is supposed to die in the original.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:10 PM
King of Klowns

Yeah I saw the deleted scenes. But I thought it was another rat that got killed and soccertease was hiding.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:13 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Yeah I saw the deleted scenes. But I thought it was another rat that got killed and soccertease was hiding.
I'm not sure. In the 70's version, Socrates gets killed by Willard's boss so why would they change it. I mean he only took two rats to work with him. Socrates died and Ben lived is how I see it. That's why I hated the ending, it didn't even make sense.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:28 PM
King of Klowns

I'm glad Willard lived but other then that I hated the ending also, but I like it when he stabs the shit out of ben:D
Old 10-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
I'm glad Willard lived but other then that I hated the ending also, but I like it when he stabs the shit out of ben:D
Agreed about the stabbing of Ben. I wish they both would have died fighting each other. It would have been a fitting end.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:37 PM
King of Klowns

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Agreed about the stabbing of Ben. I wish they both would have died fighting each other. It would have been a fitting end.
That would have been great.:)
Old 10-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Evil Dead

SPOILER

at first I really liked Big Ben... But Willard was being an ass to him so I understand how Ben got some mad and jealous... The ending was great though.. I knew willard was not dead and I knew he would come back and stab the shit out of him... LOL great film.. I love crispin glover... and I love his character in the movie Charlies angels 1 & 2

Fulci Lives!!!!