Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 08:23 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Ick...Diablo Cody. A remake was inevitable eventually, not too surprised...but Diablo Cody on something like this could be pretty painful. Loved Juno, but Jennifer's Body was absolutely horrendous. I feel like she'd just turn this into Jennifer's Body Part 2....
Old 07-18-2011, 03:33 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
I really thought Evil Dead 2 was a sequel. The recap of the first story was a little different, but it carries on where the first one left off.
I was really confused by this so I hope you are right.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:34 AM
Evil is Better

It did come off like a remake but it was a sequel. That beginning part was supposed to be a re-cap. Sam Raimi actually lost the rights to the first movie and had to basically re-shoot the beginning to add the recap, hence the confusion.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:48 AM
From The Beyond

That would make sense cheers.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
That would make sense cheers.
Glad i could help
Old 07-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Banned

that is a nice news !
Old 07-20-2011, 10:04 AM
For Vendetta

It’s hard to believe that after so much chatter and so many promises, the remake of “The Evil Dead” is actually happening.

Indeed, the project is set up at Sam Raimi‘s Ghost House Pictures, with on-the-rise director Fede Alvarez (“Panic Attack!”) at the helm with none other than Oscar winning screenwriter Diablo Cody doing some final touchups on the script.

This won’t quite be the ‘Evil Dead’ we all know and love, rather, something promisingly different, but there will be one very, very familiar chin popping up in what is a pretty no-brainer cameo.

In an interview with Spanish paper El Pais (via Dread Central) director Alvarez hints the cast will be made of unknowns…well, except for one guy. “Because we are fans of the original, we realize that nobody wants to see a celebrity in a remake like this,” he said. “The only recognizable face will be that of Bruce Campbell, and he will be in a cameo toward the end of the film. We are going to change the characters and some story details, while keeping the basic outline of friends who are beleaguered by demons in a cabin alone.”

Now before some of the spoiler babies start crying, let’s not pretend that everyone pretty much expected this to happen. With Campbell forever talking about this movie, it was inevitable he would be part of it in some way. However, it’ll be interesting to see what approach Alvarez takes with the material as he reveals, “Sam Raimi says there’s a fine line between horror and comedy. The original ‘Evil Dead’ was intended as a ‘straight horror’ movie with scenes of extreme gore directly designed to shock the viewer. I rented the movie with a friend from a video store at just thirteen years old, and that was a big mistake! The film scared the life out of us.”

“We realize the mistakes not to make,” Alvarez also said. “As fans of the original, we know we are going to offend those who are also fans just by taking this job. We’re going to honor the original film along with the existing fans and hope to bring in a new audience as well.”

So does honoring the original film mean going for a much more traditional horror pic interjected with laughs?

With Cody writing, we presume that will be the case.

There’s no word if Campbell will reprise his role as Ash or if he’ll play another character altogether, but let’s hope it’s the former. It would actually be kind of interesting for some kind of parallel story or prequel to play out before the events of the first film.

Production begins soon and we guess we can look for this next Halloween.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:25 AM
For Vendetta

Fans have spent countless hours debating what they'd want to see in The Evil Dead, the reboot of Sam Raimi's classic cabin in the woods indie from 1981. The only thing that would be "cool" is for the entire film to take place in S-Mart, with Ash passing the torch to some new smart ass.

Unfortunately, Ash (played by Bruce Campbell in the franchise) won't even make a cameo.

Campbell, already confirmed for a cameo, took to Twitter where he crushed fan's hopes and dreams dispelled any notion of Ash returning.

"Who are they casting for Ash?" asked a fan. Campbell replied: "No Ash character currently," further stating, "Twitter fails when info gets fragmented. Last statement: ED remake is a re-telling. All bets are off & all involved love the new approach."

It sounds like they really, really, really mean their going to re-tell the story.

Fede Alvarez (Federico Alvarez) directs from a screenplay co-developed with Diablo Cody.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Little Boo

New evil dead reboot!!!

This is my website's video I made today concerning the recently released plot details (although minor) of this reboot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L3ZNuheEPk

What do you guys think about this flick? The original is so beloved to me, I'd hate for Hollywood to cut my childhood deep with this one.

I just got done watching a vid just now from the Chicago Comic Con with the original Evil Dead cast and Bruce Campbell actually made me feel a just A TAD better when he went into explanation about it...

I guess it's gonna happen whether someone likes it or not.. So here goes.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Banned

Sorry but I am boycotting your video much as I will boycott an Evil Dead "reboot".
Closed Thread

Tags
bruce campbell, evil dead, evil dead reboot, evil dead remake, sam raimi