Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
The Dark Knight
Old 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Second viewing, and I must say the flick has grown on me a wee bit. Granted, DD's world is a lot more complicated, raw and gritty than as shown here, but there are enough nods to the atmosphere which made the Marvel character famous in the first place.
You should watch "The Trial of the Incredible Hulk", for daredevils first onscreen appearance.
I like the DD movie too, so many people hate the shit outta it...it's better than the first hulk and both FF movies, better than ghost rider for sure.

Quote:
- aeon flux - wasnt bad .. flowed smoothly - expected worse

- ultraviolet - terrible. i could see what they were trying to do - but they failed.
Saw those two on "cool looking" appeal. Ha, never finished either.

Quote:
Superbad.

I was surprised at just how funny this film is.

8.5/10
Like, a man dick?
:D
Old 01-11-2009, 05:46 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
The Visitor

Maybe it's because I'm an actor myself, but when I watch a film the #1 thing that can make it or break it for me are the performances. Where this one may be slightly lacking in a few areas, the actors here are utterly mindblowing: restrained, subtle, heartbreaking performances from all involved, especially Richard Jenkins and Haaz Sleiman.

The story revolves around a college professor working in Connecticut, who returns to his apartment in New York City to find an immigrant couple living in his home. The film charts their relationship with each other through happiness and extreme hardship, and more importantly shows Jenkins' character rediscover what it means to be alive.

I was blown away by this movie. Some of the most stunning performances ever put on screen...I can see a lot of people being turned off by the pacing (it's rather slow), but in my opinion it flowed perfectly.

Alky, _V_, Fortunato, Geddy, Austin...Hell, anyone around here that appreciates good performances: If you haven't seen this movie, pick it up immediately. You will not be disappointed.
Hm, wow. Netflix queued. Thanks for the rec!

------------------------------------------

School of Rock (2003)

For sure entertaining. An enjoyable little movie.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Alky, _V_, Fortunato, Geddy, Austin...Hell, anyone around here that appreciates good performances: If you haven't seen this movie, pick it up immediately. You will not be disappointed.
Will do, buddy. I have another friend who told me I must see this, and between you and him it seems like a no brainer.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Evil Dead

What movie? I don't wanna go backwards...
Old 01-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
What movie? I don't wanna go backwards...
The Visitor.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
For Vendetta

Return - I have been having my eyes on The Visitor for quite some time now. With your rec, I just might pick it up. Thanks, bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
You should watch "The Trial of the Incredible Hulk", for daredevils first onscreen appearance.
I like the DD movie too, so many people hate the shit outta it...it's better than the first hulk and both FF movies, better than ghost rider for sure.
Noted. I definitely would put DD above Spider-Man 2 & 3 too...one of the few Marvel offerings which I actually liked.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Primer (2004)

>>: B

Twilight (2008)

>>: C-
Old 01-11-2009, 08:00 PM
For Vendetta

Elektra.

Yes, watching Daredevil the second time rose my wee bit of expectations for this one. Oh boy, still as bad as I remember from the first time watching it. I forgot the main basic flaw of this movie - the lack of an actual substantial plot. If they somehow kept this in DD's world but revolved around Elektra's character, it could have been a kickass movie. As it stands, its still a disappointment.

Garner is bland, and fizzes out on a chance of doing a Bride (remember Kill Bill?), and the rest of the cast are pretty dull. The girl playing Abby annoyed me a lot for some reason, and Terence Stamp looked totally out of league. Not a lot of atmosphere except the final climactic sequence, but that too peters out into a dull ending.

I have heard the Director's Cut makes this movie look better, but I ll skip it. Thank you.

Rating - * *
Old 01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Primer (2004)

>>: B

How's your head doing?

That movie is a mindfuck like no other...I've watched it twice and still dont know what the hell it's about.