Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-15-2014, 12:35 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Limited Release DVDs

This is sort of similar to the "rare dvds" thread, but im gonna make this one anyways.

Anyone have any suggestions for limited copy release horror movies that are still available? I'm trying to grab up as many as I can now before they sell out. Its always sort of tough to tell whether the DVD you are buying at the time is going to be rare/hard to find in the future, but with limited releases I can be pretty sure of it. Grabbed a copy of Death Nurse the other day just because it was limited to 1000 copies. Really need to jump on the opportunity to grab the Violent Shit Trilogy box set too, as those are also limited to 1000.

Any suggestions? (They have to be still available)

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-15-2014, 02:27 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

it's only going to be the smaller genre release labels - stuff you have to buy online or at conventions..

Otherwise the only time i ever saw these were the old anchor bay evil dead, argento, and tin releases ..

sometimes a special boxed version of a mainstream release - but DVDs are disappearing..
They rarely do anything special for Blu-ray ..

back in the day of the Laserdisc, movies were a lot more fun to collect .. they did all kinds of cool stuff with those.

the collector isn't taken into consideration that much anymore

Last edited by urgeok2; 01-15-2014 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
it's only going to be the smaller genre release labels - stuff you have to buy online or at conventions..

Otherwise the only time i ever saw these were the old anchor bay evil dead, argento, and tin releases ..

sometimes a special boxed version of a mainstream release - but DVDs are disappearing..
They rarely do anything special for Blu-ray ..

back in the day of the Laserdisc, movies were a lot more fun to collect .. they did all kinds of cool stuff with those.

the collector isn't taken into consideration that much anymore
This ^

Some stores do their own special steelbook or special case releases as well. Target does a good job with these, Transformers and Django stand out in my mind as a couple they did well.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
Im not really looking for mainstream limited releases, The only ones Im aware of are from small releasing companies, and I pretty much only shop online anyways.
Maybe most of those that are around are too obscure for people to be aware of?
The ones Ive found lately have been by searching through the websites of small releasing companies, Sub Rosa, Slasher Video, Massacre Video, Tempe Video and such.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:53 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Thing is - a lot of their releases are limited because there isn't a demand
They don't print a lot of them period