Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-03-2006, 06:37 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally posted by knife_fight
kinda like the sci-fi channel??? (only better, I assume)
Way better;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 04-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Well, I worked in a 16 screen theater in Seattle for 3.5 years. Let me tell you something, a theater that big is a HUGE pain in the ass. I can't imagine running a bigger one.

I'd definately keep it simple. No more than six screens. Probably only three. Remember, the more screens you have, the smaller they end up being because of limited space (unless we're going just all out, fantasy unlimited resources type of theater.)

The large number of screens are also why most theater chains are filing bankruptcy right now. Theaters make NOTHING on movie tickets. That's why a large bag of popcorn is over $5.00. Granted, the popcorn itself only costs about $.03 a bag to make. Consider though, you have to pay an employee to sell tickets and make nothing back on them. You also have to pay the eployee to stand at the door, tear the ticket and clean the theater. So really, that's another employee you're paying who makes you nothing.

Then of course, there's the concession guy you have to pay. Not to mention theaters use a phenomenal amount of electricity, water and such. The bigger you get, the more of that there is. Not to mention you'll need more people to sell and tear tickets, run concession, etc.

I think I'd have four screens, ideally. Then you can time your movies out to have the minimum amount of employees. That way you're constantly busy, but with not a lot of down time where they're standing around doing nothing. I'd have three screens of retro and one for the new Indy stuff that came out. I'd also make sure to have lot's of anime in the rotation.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
My theatre would be filled with blind people, just to make it as difficult an experience as possible.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.