Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Hellraiser

She...

She...
by Greqoh

"Are you cold, my darling?" I asked her as I took my coat off and draped it around her.

The night was absolutely beautiful.
A huge, orange harvest moon overhead lit the grounds, bathing her fair skin in an almost mystical glow, as the trees overhead cast fantastic twisted shadows down upon the ground where we sat on our blanket with our bottle of Cabernet Avignon, and filled glasses.

A cool wind gently swept over the two of us.
And as I watched her long ebony hair swaying I remarked how lucky we were to have the grounds all to ourselves at this late hour.

Her gaze upon me was as deep as an ocean, the most Serene knowing expression, and I almost thought I saw the corners of her mouth lift slightly, betraying a hint of a smile. But her disposition was the most profound and confident I had ever seen.
And she told me more with her face than a thousand words from lesser women could ever tell me.

"You've not even touched your wine, my love.
I trust it is to your liking? I only drink the darkest red ones.
With body, and aroma. The fine ones cost more, but they are more than worth it."

I finished my glass and set it to the side of us.
I moved the chilled, wet bottle and her still full glass to the side, and layed her down upon the blanket gently.

And then, staring deep into the unfathomable depths of her eyes, I softly place my lips to hers and brushed back her long silken hair.

Her mouth remained open after the kiss, reluctant, I suppose for our lips to part.
All the while her seductive gaze upon me.

And as a gentlemen, I cannot discuss what happened hereafter.
However, some time later, as we were laying side by side, enjoying the silent contemplation of the magnificent heavens above us, I spoke to her...

"If only this night could last forever... that we would never part from one another, not even for a moment!
In your arms, alone, I feel life.
This is where I belong!

But soon another day is upon us, and we will both have to return to the cold world.

The world will never have a place for you and I....
But we will always have each other...."

Suddenly there were lights cast upon us, and the sounds of men approaching.

Before I knew what was happening, they tore me away from her, and these jackals took her away into the night.

My love could not even put up a struggle against them, as there were half a dozen of them which had come upon us, with their stealth.

They screamed the most vulgar obscenities, as they bound me and led me off the grounds into a vehicle they had waiting.

I called her name over and over but from the woods there was no answer.

"Fiends! Bastards!" I cried at them as they threw me into the backseat of the car.

I cursed them until my voice grew horse, and then sank in silence with my head down and eyes closed.

My love....
I shall not abandon you !

I shall find you wherever they have taken you, and we shall be together again!

As they drove through the gates and onto the main road, I turned and looked back.
The lights were flashing and there was a large crowd gathered.

I could see them displaying my shovel and other tools to the growing mob.

Why, I wonder had so many people chosen to gather at such a late hour at this cemetery?

Greqoh