Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-14-2009, 09:39 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
The Seventh Seal (1957)

This is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen
The scene in which Antonius is asking the witch-girl about to burned at the stake what she knows of the afterlife, and Jöns tells him "Who will take care of that child. God, the devil, the nothingness? The nothingness, perhaps?" and Antonius says "It can't be so!", with such a look of abandon, of suffocating fear on his face is so chilling I suddenly feel very small every time I see it. That one stays with me for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
That being said, I would have loved a R-rated version of this one.
I definitely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
Return: If you haven't seen The Philadelphia Story, that would be a good follow up here. Also, for what may be Howard Hawks' funniest movie, try Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
It's not Hawks, but My Man Godfrey is another great one.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Have you read the book? It's been awhile for me but I thought the film did it justice.
Nope not yet. I have it in my must-buy list for awhile now actually. Just havent managed to find the book anywhere near me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
I definitely agree.
The script and plot is almost tailor-made for a rated R flick. So much potential. I dare say if this was the 80s Raimi would ve done it.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Pretty good. Not vintage Raimi but yes it plays like a homage to 80s horror, much like Grindhouse did for the 70s. One or two scenes seemed a bit stretched and outlandish (Evil Dead II-ish) when compared to the ending of the plot, but it was to be expected. Characterisation, usually a strong point in Raimi's flicks, was a bit of a let down. Overall, it was enjoyable.

That being said, I would have loved a R-rated version of this one.
Aren't you one of the folks who said at least two of the 3 "Evil Dead" flicks should have had a PG-13 rating? ;)
Old 06-14-2009, 10:02 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Aren't you one of the folks who said at least two of the 3 "Evil Dead" flicks should have had a PG-13 rating? ;)
You must have me mistaken for Angra. :D
Old 06-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Nope not yet. I have it in my must-buy list for awhile now actually. Just havent managed to find the book anywhere near me.
Yeh I used to see his books round all the time over here but now there harder to come by. I've been grabbing them as I see 'em recently.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:10 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
I actually have several copies of that book (Vonnegut is one of my very favorites), and I'd be happy to send you one. Let me know.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:12 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
I actually have several copies of that book (Vonnegut is one of my very favorites), and I'd be happy to send you one. Let me know.
Cool. Thanks, J. :)
Old 06-15-2009, 05:01 AM
Foxhole Atheist

My Bloody Valentine

Easy enough watch, fairly predictable but some decent set pieces and looks the part.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 06-15-2009, 05:08 AM
Banned

FRIDAY THE 13TH [remake]

I'm not totally against remakes ....Love "The Thing"....didn't hate Zombies remake of Halloween. At least he tried to give us some back story of MM.
But the remake of Friday the 13th was totally unnecessary. It added NOTHING new and even the kills were kind of ho-hum.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:31 AM
For Vendetta

Wonderful and brilliant. Alongside Coraline, ranks as two of my most favorite animes of all-time.