Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-11-2010, 10:56 AM
That fucking Guy...

Sept 11

Hey guys...I mean it's just turned Sept 12th here, but I know with the difference this'll reach you sometime during the 11th.

Just wanted to say, I know I have no real perspective on the matter...it's a horrible thing to have happened that's stayed with me as though it happened just moments ago...I hope that any of you that knew someone or were somehow effected by the attacks, have managed to carry on.

Try not to let a minority of assholes determine your ongoing views and feelings towards a larger group...I know that must be hard though, and don't mean by saying that to in any way begrudge you of your feelings - but part of you may suffer having to deal with it.

I've heard of some Rev guy planning on burning a bunch of the Kuran books...I really hope this doesn't happen, as it'll just lead to fuckheads on both sides that are waiting for a fight get the green flag...

Anyways, just thought I'd bring it up and hope you are all ok, and that you won't have to dwell too much on the negative.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I've heard of some Rev guy planning on burning a bunch of the Kuran books...I really hope this doesn't happen, as it'll just lead to fuckheads on both sides that are waiting for a fight get the green flag...
Ditto. Have they done it or postponed the event?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Ditto. Have they done it or postponed the event?
It's been called off thankfully. Everyone from the President to the Pope was telling him not to go through with it and he finally listened.

A horrible day. I'll never forget it.

I live on Long Island, and I was out running errands when all the events took place and I remember starting to hear weird things at the places I went like "the courthouse was evacuated", "the schools are talking about closing". "there's smoke behind the White House". I finally got home and asked my husband "what is going on?" and then I saw.

We didn't lose anyone close to us, but knew several people that did including one of my son's teachers who lost her husband. The schools were told not to tell any of the students what was going on while they were still in class, but a lot of parents picked up their children from school in a total panic so by the time my children got home they knew something really bad must have happened.

Deepest sympathies to those that lost loved ones that day.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
I thought the whole burning of the Qu'ran was ridiculous and thank God they didn't go through with it.

And why shouldn't an Islamic community centre be built TWO BLOCKS away? It isn't the entire religion that attacked the world trade centre, the Muslims won't be spitting on site every time they walk past it! Just pathetic hate mongering.

As for the real matter here, the terrible event that happened, I'd like to echo Cheebs in my condolences for anybody who was personally affected by it.

What are people's thoughts on the construction of the "Freedom tower"? I may be wrong, but I believe it's being built on the site of the original towers. I personally think that's very disrespectful. Not just to those who died there, but to those who were left behind. The site itself, being left empty like it was, became a very sensitive place for people. Being left empty, it represented what was left behind that day and I just feel they should have thought about what they were doing more.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 09-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned

9/11 is indeed a sad day. It;s the day the mighty west tigers got cheated by the faggotry of the sydney roosters