Old 06-17-2019, 01:46 AM
Evil Dead

MOTHER! (2018). POSSIBLE SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

Darren Aronofsky has made another visually dazzling film, but there are SO MANY metaphors and SO MUCH symbolism along with a pretentious script that it starts to lose You after an hour and it's awfully loud towards the end.
Have read reviews from praising to scathing, so was curious. Well made, but not something You'd want to watch often. **1/2
Old 06-18-2019, 02:49 PM
Little Boo

Hello

I just finished "Us" of Jordan Peele. Good movie
Old 06-18-2019, 11:36 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Surprisingly the actors who've played Bond were well into their 40s. I know, pretty bizzare right? You'd think they'd go with 30 years old, considering they should be functional Commandos in fighting.

Roger Moore was 46 for his first Bond film, and he did 7 films! Timothy Dalton was 40, Brosnan 42. Craig will play Bond in 2020 at age 52! In Connery's last film he was 53. So Idris at 46 is just one of the later starts, but it's what they've been doing.
I thought Sean Connery was in his thirties. That's probably another reason why he's the best and formed the character. And Connery's run really ended at You Only Live Twice. Diamonds Are Forever isn't really the same character and style as those first bunch of films. And Never Say Never Again is that unofficial remake of Thunderball.

It seems like after Connery, the people running the series kept looking for someone who played the spy type before. Or was popular enough. I didn't know Roger Moore was in his 40s. But I know he was in a few older spy type TV shows that I haven't seen. Yet he also mentioned being too old in one of his final Bond movies.

I think they wanted Pierce Brosnan before Timothy Dalton but there were conflicts with that detective TV show. There were a lot of timing things mentioned during that period that a friend of mine told me about.

I still think the best bet will be younger Bond in his 30s. And set the movies right so you can do a good number of them.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:34 PM
This is a test

PYEWACKET 2017

Basically what happens after a teenage girl summons a demon to kill her mother. Maybe geared more to a teenage crowd but not horrible.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:24 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I thought Sean Connery was in his thirties. That's probably another reason why he's the best and formed the character. And Connery's run really ended at You Only Live Twice. Diamonds Are Forever isn't really the same character and style as those first bunch of films. And Never Say Never Again is that unofficial remake of Thunderball.

It seems like after Connery, the people running the series kept looking for someone who played the spy type before. Or was popular enough. I didn't know Roger Moore was in his 40s. But I know he was in a few older spy type TV shows that I haven't seen. Yet he also mentioned being too old in one of his final Bond movies.

I think they wanted Pierce Brosnan before Timothy Dalton but there were conflicts with that detective TV show. There were a lot of timing things mentioned during that period that a friend of mine told me about.

I still think the best bet will be younger Bond in his 30s. And set the movies right so you can do a good number of them.
I agree, better to get a guy in his 30s who can do action scenes. Craig was impressive (physical motion) his first film at 38. Who do you think would be a good Bond?

Old 06-21-2019, 02:33 PM
Evil Dead

Seoul Station Good stuff. Good introduction to Train To Busan, although I would recommend watching both on separate occasions.

Like it's sequel, it does a good job at making you care about the characters (though the overacting is a bit silly at times, the first victims in particular). I've rarely seen an animated film this dark and grim, but it worked well, just like the twist towards the end.

8/10
Old 06-21-2019, 04:13 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
Seoul Station Good stuff. Good introduction to Train To Busan, although I would recommend watching both on separate occasions.

Like it's sequel, it does a good job at making you care about the characters (though the overacting is a bit silly at times, the first victims in particular). I've rarely seen an animated film this dark and grim, but it worked well, just like the twist towards the end.

8/10
I saw Train to Buscan and well enjoyed it. Hadnt heard about Seoul Station.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:51 PM
病気の

Nightmare Cinema, 2019. 7/10

Directed by
Alejandro Brugués
Joe Dante
Mick Garris
Ryûhei Kitamura
David Slade

Rondo, 2018. 7/10

Director: Drew Barnhardt

Old 06-21-2019, 09:32 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I saw Train to Buscan and well enjoyed it. Hadnt heard about Seoul Station.
I found this one on Youtube of all places. For free... for now.
Old 06-22-2019, 05:27 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
I found this one on Youtube of all places. For free... for now.
Found it. Shall try watch it tonight. Youtube is where i find 99% of the movies i watch.

Tags
movie