Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Evil Dead

Texas Chainsaw Companion

Anyone picked this up yet? I just got mine in today, and it's a blast. Reminds me a lot of the Last Hous On The Left Book that came out a few yrs ago. The TCM book has photos of posters, stills, everything. It chronicles the making of the first four by printing antecdotes by cast and crew members (everyone--even Marilyn Burns did interviews), and has a comprehensive overview of Hooper's career. I highly reccomend it. Go to Amazon and check it out.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:58 PM
Evil Dead

TCM Companion

Sounds great! I've been dying to get this one. Can't wait, especially after reading your thoughts on it, Dr. K . . . .

Very cool. Just wish I could find it in the bookstores around here, since ordering online is out (maxed out the credit cards months ago). :eek:

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Old 01-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Evil Dead

Yes, I too have to keep an eye on the monthly credit card bill. I have friends who always bitch because their credit cards are maxed out with "important" purchases, and then they get mad at me when I complain about trying to pay for all the schlock I buy at Amazon.

I live in a small town and the nearest bookstore is an hour and a half away, and all they really stock are bestsellers and remainders. I tried to pick up some Cormac McCarthy for a friend's Christmas present and they didn't even have that. They didn't even get the last James Lee Burke novel; told me to wait for the paperback, they'd get that!!!!!! WTF?
Old 02-07-2004, 10:21 AM
Dead as a Dodo

I think I may have to get it now. I picked it up in a video store and had a quick flick and then totally forgot about it!
Old 02-10-2004, 01:30 AM
BMXICAN

Yeah I'm going to have to get this book myself! Nothing like a little tcm to brighten the day :D

Jesus had a tough life. I read about that guy. Jesus is the only guy that ever came back from the dead that didn't scare the F--- out of everybody!
-Sam Kinison
Old 02-10-2004, 03:20 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1

Looks and sounds awsome:)