Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 AM
From The Beyond

I'd like to be a different family with more about the astral realms.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Evil is Better

I just don't want it to go the route of Saw, Paranormal Activity and Final Destination. All three of those movies were serious and had a point to make and then they were turned into a franchise and the whole purpose of the films were lost and instead were turned into an yearly attraction or novelty act.

What's wrong with leaving Insidious alone to be remembered how it is?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:27 PM
The Eater of Worlds <3

so yea i finally watched Insidious and yea....CORNY!!!!

I definetly saw the poltergeist connection and I didnt really care for that movie either.

I did like that they had those subtle "Saw" refrences with the jigsaw doll drawn on the chalkboard and that Adam from the first saw film was on there...

But this film just didnt do it for me... meh.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_luv5 View Post
so yea i finally watched Insidious and yea....CORNY!!!!

I definetly saw the poltergeist connection and I didnt really care for that movie either.

I did like that they had those subtle "Saw" refrences with the jigsaw doll drawn on the chalkboard and that Adam from the first saw film was on there...

But this film just didnt do it for me... meh.
The guy who played Adam actually wrote Saw and Insidious as well as starred in them.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:22 PM
The Eater of Worlds <3

i didnt know that. Interesting...
Old 11-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Scares Little Kids

I saw Insidious a few months ago. I thought some of it was kinda scary, some of it wasn't. Not too bad in my opinion.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deposable View Post
I have mixed feelings about Insidious. It felt very Stephen King-ish. In the fact that the first half is good & the second half was slow & silly. For some reason it felt like two different movies to me. I will be honest, I couldn't make it through the last 15 minutes , it got so boring and I was falling asleep.

The second half did remind of the Poltergeist.... Which is good & bad. I think Poltergeist is cheesy as fuck. It was only good to me as a kid.

I can understand younger, less jaded horror fans would like Insidious. It has some really great moments. Who knows, maybe the ending pulled the whole thing together. I give it 5/10. If you want two movies in one . I recommend Perkins 14 instead.

Okay, Insidious is not the greatest thing since Poltergeist, but Perkins 14? Get fuckin' real, please.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:51 AM
Hellraiser

I saw this film in the theater and it was much better than I thought it would be. The music itself really reminisces with the older films quite well. The plot had a twist in it that I haven't seen in most horror films these days. The acting was great. Overall, you may not want to watch this alone, lol. I remember clearly, popcorn flying here and there. For a rating; for the sole purpose of the scare factor and intensity that kept your eyes peeled to the screen, a 5/5.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:25 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I thought it was fantastic as well. Would have loved to have seen it in theaters, just to have seen everyone else freaking out and throwing popcorn. It's why I prefer not to go to the movies alone. Might as well wait for it to come out on DVD if I go to the movies by myself.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 08-12-2015, 04:31 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_luv5 View Post
I've been contemplating whether to watch this movie or not...

i have heard that it is somewhat similar to Poltergeist, but that film in particular wasn't exactly my favorite...

Would I be wasting my time with it?

*Please no spoilers*
Its a very nice movie. I promise