Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-06-2010, 06:41 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I don't remember ever to have been positively surprised tho...
Just check daily and some will sprout eventually.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:36 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
I just got done the best Canadian Film class ever. Teacher decided "screw work, you guys have enough going on with exams." and let us pick between watching movies or leaving. All the stuck up kids from the Dental Hygiene course left, and the rest of us watched and discussed Pontypool.

Very cool movie. Interesting concept for the spread of the virus. The lead actor had an amazing voice, and the little b-movie bit after the credits was priceless. Lots of Canadian themes too but I won't bore you. :P
Old 04-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Tonight's the nght.

Monsters, Inc. with my mom. It's one of her favorites.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned

Noise starring Tim Robbins and William Hurt
compelling comedy with serious subtleties
8/10:cool::D
Old 04-06-2010, 07:33 PM
mostly ghostly?

Zigeunerweisen (1980)

Seijun Suzuki's unusual film is a mysterious, ethereal drama concerning the relationships between and forces within four people. The action is intermittently distorted, like watching someone walk behind a pane of imperfect glass, the form itself intact and then suddenly twisted and obscured, then back again. We're not sure what actually happened, what is dreamed, and what is misremembered. Freed from studio constraints, Suzuki is able to take his time with the story, and although it slightly drags in spots, feels sometimes dreamlike, sometimes eerie, and sometimes both, ending in a superb, haunting finale that I'm sure will be stuck in my mind for some time.

Highly recommended- V, Alky, Doc, NE, roshiq, and whoever else is interested.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
I just got done the best Canadian Film class ever. Teacher decided "screw work, you guys have enough going on with exams." and let us pick between watching movies or leaving. All the stuck up kids from the Dental Hygiene course left, and the rest of us watched and discussed Pontypool.

Very cool movie. Interesting concept for the spread of the virus. The lead actor had an amazing voice, and the little b-movie bit after the credits was priceless. Lots of Canadian themes too but I won't bore you. :P
Cool. Loved that flick. Enlighten me on the Canadian themes!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Zigeunerweisen (1980)

Seijun Suzuki's unusual film is a mysterious, ethereal drama concerning the relationships between and forces within four people. The action is intermittently distorted, like watching someone walk behind a pane of imperfect glass, the form itself intact and then suddenly twisted and obscured, then back again. We're not sure what actually happened, what is dreamed, and what is misremembered. Freed from studio constraints, Suzuki is able to take his time with the story, and although it slightly drags in spots, feels sometimes dreamlike, sometimes eerie, and sometimes both, ending in a superb, haunting finale that I'm sure will be stuck in my mind for some time.

Highly recommended- V, Alky, Doc, NE, roshiq, and whoever else is interested.
One of the three films of Suzuki's Taisho trilogy. Read about this but never heard from anyone.

Sounds intriguing. You have peaked my interest, Fort, thank you.

Kino release?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:35 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

Session 9......again, with no lights on and surround sound. Creepy!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:22 AM
Bad Natured

Trouble Every Day (2001). French art-house horror at its brutal best. This story starts out menacingly slow and brilliantly unrevealing. Things just do not seem to connect, with the one exception that the viewer somehow knows that horrible things are going to come about. The story never really gets fully developed, but that does not detract from its horrify central element and allows for the imagination to fill in the blanks. There are two scenes that are worthy of special mention for a "most brutal and squeamish scene ever" nomination. The camera work is playful and original, lingering at times in a most threatening manner. The acting was wonderful, with Vincent Gallo owning the central element of this film's importance. The direction-sublime! Overall, this was simply an artful display of intimately terrorizing horror. Merci beaucoup.
derek

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.

Last edited by psycho d; 04-07-2010 at 04:31 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1997) I actually liked this movie, kinda. Pretty under-rated and such, I find. :P I'm actually watching it right now. The protagonist just told Leatherface (Who's dressed up as a woman right now) to sit the **** down. and he sat the **** down. Haha! Good one.