Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 AM
ventricle

I think that's called, "Now I've Locked You Out of My Outside!".

sorry, don't know that one.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Sometimes dead is better

What movie is This?

When I watched Ghost Ship (2002) earlier today, I was reminded of another movie that I saw a few years ago. Unfortunately, I can not think of the name of that movie. There must be some similarities between Ghost Ship and this film because I mentally link them together. The only thing I can remember is something about an illusive man (who appears at the beginning and possibly the end of the film) who tells a woman (who is the main character) to do something (I do not remember what, but I think that is what the film was about). I am pretty sure that, by the end, she figures that the figure is the ghost of her father or something. I think it is modern (or at least post 1980s). I also think she was on the ship (whichever ship that was) when she was a kid or something. I think there was something about a tape recorder too. I wish I could remember more, but that is all I can remember.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:02 PM
ventricle

nothing definite comes to mind for that description. Some parts make me think of The Island, the The Fog 80 or 2005, maybe The Presence (2010)

Old 08-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
nothing definite comes to mind for that description. Some parts make me think of The Island, the The Fog 80 or 2005, maybe The Presence (2010)
I know that it is not The Fog because I know the original quite well and I believe the remake is pretty much the same. I do not think The Presence is old enough. because I saw it a few years ago. I looked up The Island and I do not think that that is correct either because I do not think that it was a sci-fi. Thank you for trying though. It could be one of SyFy's original films, but I do not really think it was that terrible, maybe I just saw it on SyFy. Maybe not.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
I know that it is not The Fog because I know the original quite well and I believe the remake is pretty much the same. I do not think The Presence is old enough. because I saw it a few years ago. I looked up The Island and I do not think that that is correct either because I do not think that it was a sci-fi. Thank you for trying though. It could be one of SyFy's original films, but I do not really think it was that terrible, maybe I just saw it on SyFy. Maybe not.
Oh, I forgot about the sci-fi with the name The Island. Actually, I meant The Island 1980 with Michael Caine. I highly doubt that's the film you saw, but rather your description made me think of it. It's a father and son run into modern day pirate horror thriller.

Last edited by Sculpt; 08-09-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
I know that it is not The Fog because I know the original quite well and I believe the remake is pretty much the same.
Not really... and the remake was the first thing that came to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Oh, I forgot about the sci-fi with the name The Island. Actually, I meant The Island 1980 with Michael Caine. I highly doubt that's the film you saw, but rather your description made me think of it. It's a father and son run into modern day pirate horror thriller.
Sounds like something I need to see! :cool:
Old 08-10-2013, 01:24 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandarian Demon View Post
Sounds like something I need to see! :cool:
If toothpicks shoved up the fingernail doesn't ruin a film for ya, you'd find it interesting. I love this description by a critic, "ragtag modern-day pirates live in a primitive island society, eschewing most forms of modern technology . . .They're kind of like Amish . . . only they're pirates." lol

Old 08-10-2013, 01:31 AM
Sometimes dead is better

My statement on The Fog was not clear, so I will clarify. The Fog (1980) is a John Carpenter masterpiece, in my opinion, while the remake is simply a pale imitation. They are worlds apart, I merely meant that their material was very similar.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Little Boo

Unhappy Help me idenify this movie

Hello everyone, need some help finding a movie from I believe the very early 80"s...this is what I remember:....its not a "slasher" movie...the story goes its this house where everytime a new couple move in they get murdered by the original owners..something goes bad between the husband and wife at the end...the wife taking sympathy or something...movie ends with the house being shown to a new couple...a spider walking across a wooden fence at the end...I know its not allot but if anybody has any ideas that would be great,thanks!!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 11:03 PM
That fucking Guy...

Was it just a husband and wife, or a whole family?

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods