Old 04-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

sweet cheers man,i can wait.check your pm's
Old 04-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

I watched friday the 13th part 3 last night while drinking a 40,..lol. my favorite Jason movie.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post

The Wild & Wonderful Whites Of West Virginia

After watching Justified I found this pretty interesting... it definitely hammered home how much they prettied up the mountain folk for the show. Nothing amazing but it was an cool insight into another way of life.
Are you not a Hank III fan?

Its a pity you didn't watch Dancing Outlaw first to see how far Jesco had fallen..
Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Are you not a Hank III fan?

Its a pity you didn't watch Dancing Outlaw first to see how far Jesco had fallen..
Yeah I dig Hank III and Hasil Adkins. That tune he did about them is one of my favourites.

Dancing Outlaw is on my list of shit to watch. Looked pretty good.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 AM
That fucking Guy...

The Avengers (2012)
Look, as a guy that's read the comic on and off for years and even went through a back-log of a lot of issues that were released before I was even born...It was hard not to find jusssst a few things that I'd have liked done differently.

What you got though was an iteration of the "origin" tale set in the present day, actually more closely resembling the "Ultimate" Marvel universe, with something of an amalgamation between that and the standard Marvel U for storyline.

You got (most of) the original founding members with a couple of absentees replaced by hm, "fairly" early origin characters that have been touched on in a couple of Marvels related films that have lead up to this one.

You got some fucking GREAT fight scenes.

Thor and Loki IMO were handled better in this film than their standalone - Tom Hiddleston actually outdid his previous performance as Loki.

You got a GOOD solid action film, and you got the one in-house fight that most fanboys really wanted to see.

The villain/s were maybe not the one/s I'd have ideally chosen (Hoping to see Kang the Conqueror in future) but they served the storyline well.

You got one "Mannnnn - thats BULLSHIT" moment.

You got pretty Whedon-esque pop culture references, and pretty snapy dialogue all around really.

You got "ragdoll". You'll see.

It was pretty action packed, and yes in "group" fight scenes they handled the team thing pretty well. Everyone gets fairly fair coverage/time.

You get HULK...kicking fucking ass better than either of the current standalone films. ANGRY hulk. The Ruffalo guy didn't do a bad job, though I preferred Norton.

Hm...it wasn't as epic as it could have been, but I'm sure that's at least partially my comic fan mentality.
They did pretty well.
I have to give it at least 7/10. Maybe 8.

I expected about a 5.

...and yes, as per most of Marvels films these days, there's a scene at the end of the first set of credits.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 04-25-2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
The Avengers (2012)
Look, as a guy that's read the comic on and off for years and even went through a back-log of a lot of issues that were released before I was even born...It was hard not to find jusssst a few things that I'd have liked done differently.

What you got though was an iteration of the "origin" tale set in the present day, actually more closely resembling the "Ultimate" Marvel universe, with something of an amalgamation between that and the standard Marvel U for storyline.

You got (most of) the original founding members with a couple of absentees replaced by hm, "fairly" early origin characters that have been touched on in a couple of Marvels related films that have lead up to this one.

You got some fucking GREAT fight scenes.

Thor and Loki IMO were handled better in this film than their standalone - Tom Hiddleston actually outdid his previous performance as Loki.

You got a GOOD solid action film, and you got the one in-house fight that most fanboys really wanted to see.

The villain/s were maybe not the one/s I'd have ideally chosen (Hoping to see Kang the Conqueror in future) but they served the storyline well.

You got one "Mannnnn - thats BULLSHIT" moment.

You got pretty Whedon-esque pop culture references, and pretty snapy dialogue all around really.

You got "ragdoll". You'll see.

It was pretty action packed, and yes in "group" fight scenes they handled the team thing pretty well. Everyone gets fairly fair coverage/time.

You get HULK...kicking fucking ass better than either of the current standalone films. ANGRY hulk. The Ruffalo guy didn't do a bad job, though I preferred Norton.

Hm...it wasn't as epic as it could have been, but I'm sure that's at least partially my comic fan mentality.
They did pretty well.
I have to give it at least 7/10. Maybe 8.

I expected about a 5.

...and yes, as per most of Marvels films these days, there's a scene at the end of the first set of credits.
Thanks for the well thought out review. I will see this once all the frenzy dies down and it's not playing to packed houses.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Banned

You would think that a movie that featured zombie like Nazis living at the center of the world with an appearance of a robotic reanimated Hitler would elicit more than an " meh"

but that is the case with

"Nazis at the Center of the Earth"

Last edited by newb; 04-25-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Misanthrope

The Divide

Much better than I was expecting. Dark, grim stuff. Basically a post apocalyptic Lord Of The Flies with more than a few clichés but still one of the better films of it's type in recent years. Great to see Michael Biehn back on the screen in something decent.

Nude Nuns With Big Guns

A few annoying Tarantino/Rodriguez moments made me not enjoy this as much as I could have and made it a bit dated looking stylistically. But that aside it's one of the better new era exploitation flicks.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
i always ask myself why those movies about serial killers never have a decent gore in it. it makes them worthless to watch (for me anyway). i know that they were meant to show the killer's character and make their assumptions why he was killing, but i was never interested in that part. it just bores the crap out of me. also, when i was told that "why", it takes all the magic away. good murder is a murder for pleasure only.
i really wish someone like rob zombie would film some reality based serial killer shit. that would be fun
well fucking a chick while shes choking from a plastic bag tight around head,isnt exactly gore anyway.but it is very disturbing to think that this shit actually happend.i also think with the real life victims familys and shit they would have to draw a line.to be honest they must get paid a shit load to get away with what they do show in these movies.
if you wanna no how sick the shit really got with the hillside stuff read the hillside stranglers by Darcey Obrian,darcey was a detective on the case.those two dudes were siiiiick mother fuckers man
Old 04-26-2012, 06:01 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Maskerade" 3/10

Cliché to the bone.