Old 09-24-2003, 06:07 AM
Undead

Cool Hitchcock

Well, I was thinking :rolleyes: that we can't talk about Classic Horror Movies without talking about his Majesty : Alfred Hitchcock, one of the greatest directors of all time. He was able to satisfy the audiences with minimal special effects just with his own demented imagination. Hitch was able to acheive maximum success and the effect he wanted with each of his films, using Pure Cinema.

I like his: Psycho, one of my favourites.
( I do prefer this B&W movie to the remakes. yeah, i like Antique, :p...)

I do also like reading books on his imagined stories and he knows how to keep the thrill ;)

So I propose we post here about Hitchcock, about his work. Donno, synopsis, movie posters, your favourite movies of his...etc.

Thx :)
Old 09-29-2003, 12:30 AM
Undead

Cool I c

:eek: So ??? you guys don't like Hitch ? :confused: :confused:
He is nice though :rolleyes:

:D come on ;)

:p
Old 09-29-2003, 10:43 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I like Hitch. He only made two real horror pictures though. Both are classics, The Birds and Psycho. The man's speciality was suspense and he made some damn fine films. Rope will always be my favorite. The idea of trying to do a film in one "seamless" shot intrigues me. He didn't quite succeed at this though. The closest I've seen to perfecting this technique is a little indie film called Running Time with Bruce Campbell. Has anyone seen it?
Old 10-01-2003, 08:35 PM
pyewackett

I'm with you on Rope, Avenger. I lurve the tension whenever anyone walks over to the chest. Yes, of course, the seamless-shot technique wasn't perfect (look at the backs of men's suits when they walk away from camera), but Alfie gets kudos for the effort.

Another favorite Hitch flick of mine (albeit not horror) is The Lady Vanishes. Good times.
Old 10-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by pyewackett

Another favorite Hitch flick of mine (albeit not horror) is The Lady Vanishes. Good times.
I've not seen it. I'll have to check that one out.
Old 10-03-2003, 01:40 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Krzychu
Yeah, I also like B&W films. I agree with ABUNAI, Hitchcock films are very extraordinary. In this year we have a 30th anniversary of "The Birds". I think, this film is great. I watched "The Birds" thousend times and I still want more... Probably Hitchcock is the most influential director has ever exist... I still want more and more Hitchcock films....
Old 10-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to roguesblight Send a message via Yahoo to roguesblight
I love Hitchcock! Birds is one of my all time favorites! But anything by him will do. Dial M for Murder is great, but isn't horror. And the first Psycho is fabulous, the rest are ok but the first one is the best cause it's his!
Old 10-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via ICQ to CrystalLake Send a message via AIM to CrystalLake Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalLake
Hitchcock

I love ''The Birds'' and ''Psycho''! I haven't seen any other of his movies, but if they scared me like like ''Birds'' did, then I can't wait! And yeah.. The Birds did scare me.. it scared the living crap out of me! lol.. that's cause I hate birds.. or atleast.. I hate birds now.:o
Jason...my special, special boy. Do you know what your gift is? No matter what they do to you, you cannot die. You can never die. You've just been sleeping, honey. But now, the time has come to wake up. Mommy has something she wants you to do! I need you to go to Elm Street... the children have been very bad on Elm Street! Rise up, Jason! Your work isn't finished yet! Hear my voice and live again! Make them remember me Jason... MAKE THEM REMEMBER WHAT FEAR TASTES LIKE!
- Mrs. Pamela Voorhees
Old 10-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ShamSham04
Besides Night Of The Living Dead, Hitchcock's film Psycho is the only Black & White movie that scared the living daylights out of me. I can NOT take a shower without locking my bathroom door.

Try it sometime while you're alone in your house, people. ;)

"Television has brought murder back into the home - where it belongs." - Alfred Hitchcock
Old 10-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to roguesblight Send a message via Yahoo to roguesblight
First watched Psycho when I was very young, And now at ........
.......40 (i know, i'm old) I still have a slight anxiety when i shower in the house alone! If ya hear a slight noise, the heart races and ya find yourself staring at the shower curtain watching for a shadow.....I had to change that to "you" cause "I" don't wanna have nightmares tonight! haha