Old 07-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Misanthrope

Deadpool

Anyone else a fan of this comic? I've just started to get into it after finding a few random issues. I also heard rumours of a movie anyone know anything about this?

Old 08-24-2005, 06:03 AM
Misanthrope

No one into Deadpool? :confused: *shakes head*
Old 09-10-2005, 02:34 AM
Banned

I liked it...I always liked his initial appearances as a "kinda" bad guy in x-factor and x-force. He was then in a miniseries called "the circle chase", which was pretty decent.
I read the ongoing series from issue #0 onwards, up to about #15, but I undertand it went MUCH longer than that.
It was a pretty solid title, stood out on its own among other marvel titles.
He's a nutcase, which makes it funny...another weapon X like wolverine, healing factor, mad skills goin' on.
The whole "blind al" thing was interesting, but I never really read that far to find out what the whole deal was with him keeping the blind old woman as a prisoner, what she had to do with his past, and if she had any kind of "secrets" of her own.
If you're interested in the series, but have no means of finding every issue you've missed (which you would be very lucky to do...)
Id suggest downloading soulseek, and hitting up the comics room.
I KNOW theres some people in there with not only deadpool, but his former appearances, the circle chase miniseries, the "agent x" follow up, and the cable/deapool series, which is still currently running I believe.

- B
Old 09-10-2005, 04:00 AM
Is Having a Baby!

I just got into the "Cable & Deadpool", not because of Deadpool. But because Cable is my favorite Marvel character.. I am going to collect his whole series, even the hardcovers.

I thought they were enemies in the "Cable" comics I have. But I gotta reread them anyway
Old 09-10-2005, 04:04 AM
Banned

They WERE enemies...they aren't REALLY anymore.
Deadpool first appeared in X-Force (I think), which cable was leading at the time (x-force is my favourite of the "classic" x titles), he would usually be working for the bad guys, I think maybe Black Tom Cassidy for a while.
He kicked the team around a few times, and likewise GOT kicked around.
He was somewhere between pest, and nemesis, but never really did anything ultimately BAD.
They don't exactly LIKE eachother, and in the current crossover series, they seem to have different adgendas, but they're not like sworn enemies.