Old 10-27-2018, 03:28 AM
Evil Dead

I DRINK YOUR BLOOD

Horrid crap. The cover suggested zombies. There were no zombies. JUst people frothing at the mouth.

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/v22v...34_v_v8_aa.jpg

Waste of time and money.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:52 AM
病気の

Excellent film!

Like many B-movies of its time, I Drink Your Blood was a Times Square exploitation film and drive-in theater staple. It's quite trashy; but at the same time highly entertaining, and a highlight of the 1970s.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:23 AM
Evil Dead

Maybe I wasn't drunk enough.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:33 AM
The Original Copycat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Excellent film!

Like many B-movies of its time, I Drink Your Blood was a Times Square exploitation film and drive-in theater staple. It's quite trashy; but at the same time highly entertaining, and a highlight of the 1970s.
I have to disagree with you there, Deadbeat ( which pains me because I pretty much always dig your posts ). That flick is one of the worst perpetrators of thinking it could get away with covering for it’s crappiness by advertising itself as a schlockfest. Now, I can appreciate trash and sleaze as much as the next guy. But I Drink Your Blood, and I Eat Your Skin ( which is how I remember it falsely advertised ) is boring and unintentionally funny lameness at its worst.

The antagonists are neither intimidating nor fun to watch. It’s slow even when it’s supposed to be intense or scary. The idea of infecting them with rabies is executed well, but the way they act after is so inconsistent and retarded that it ruins the premise ( though the long shot of the infected running in a field and the one guy is just swinging his helmet, is hilarious ), none of the main characters are likable or identifiable ( as bad as I am, I can’t sympathize with some dumbfuck who let his gf get gangraped in the opening ), and it all culminates in the “ zombies “ getting shot down off screen by stock footage. You can’t take a shitty movie and just slap the term “ exploitation “ on it and expect that’ll make up for it. No sir, I don’t like it.

Wanna see all it has to offer? Watch the trailer. Seriously. All of the gore is in the trailer, everything else is just shitty padding for the runtime. Better off watching Rabid, Shivers, or even The Crazies.

Last edited by Oro13; 11-04-2018 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Autocorrect sucks
Old 11-14-2018, 08:22 AM
Evil Dead

it's the title

I was riffing on this movie's title with my brother. The companion drive in movie was "I eat your skin." So I said "I drink your blood. I eat your skin. I gag on your guts."
It wasn't really very funny, but he laughed.
Working from the movie Twitch of the Death Nerve, I sometimes mention the movie Twitch of the Death Gasp, and it's sequel., Gasp of the Death Twitch.
I read once that Roger Corman's people would sometimes dream up the title first, and then make a movie around it. I think Werewolves on Wheels got made that way.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:03 PM
Banned

Not a good movie by any definition but definitely a great " Drive-in' movie. Maybe you have to be of a certain age to appreciate such things.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:29 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Not a good movie by any definition but definitely a great " Drive-in' movie. Maybe you have to be of a certain age to appreciate such things.
You typing from the Drive-in tonight, Newb?

Old 02-24-2019, 05:48 PM
Also known as newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
what he said
Old 02-24-2019, 06:30 PM
Misanthrope

The uncut version is a great piece of cult trash. Sure it's not a pinnacle of artistic cinema but it's some entertaining fun.