Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 06-09-2012, 01:07 PM
No, fuck YOU

European Football Championship 2012

Yea.... since the Eurovision Contest thread went so well i thought i would give this one a go.

So far we've seeen

Poland-Greece 1-1
Russia-Chech Republic 4-1

DENMARK-Netherland 1-0

I was really surprised by Russias offensive abilities and combinations. Reminded me of Spain and Germany in the World Cup.

But most of all, so far, i was surprised of Denmarks capability to avoid Netherland to score a single goal and actually win the first game in the "group of death". Thank you Lady Luck. :)
Old 06-10-2012, 01:51 AM
No, fuck YOU

Germany-Portugal 1-0

Germany were lucky to get all 3 points out of this match. I was surprised they weren't any better, even tho Portugal certainly is a strong opponent.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Pirate of Bengal

As an ardent Football fan, I've been following the tournament as well. As usually EURO comes mostly with the defensive approach & inability to score of European football. 1st leg of Group games completed last night. Most of the games were somewhat same with low scoreline. Moreover, after watching the beautifully funny & an open friendly match between Argentina (4) & Brazil (3) lately, the EURO matches now seems kinda lame to me:p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I was really surprised by Russias offensive abilities and combinations. Reminded me of Spain and Germany in the World Cup.
Agree. It won't be surprising if they make through to the semi final. Hope to see a good game tonight against the co-host Poland.

Quote:

But most of all, so far, i was surprised of Denmarks capability to avoid Netherland to score a single goal and actually win the first game in the "group of death". Thank you Lady Luck. :)
Never been a Dutch fan, so bit glad to see them defeated by Denmark. You guys now have a fine chance for the next round. May be not the Germany, but Denmark should put their best efforts against bit vulnerable Portugal. But I'll be very glad if Denmark can surprise Germany somehow.;) Best of luck.

Anyway, so far enjoyed the last night game of Ukraine-Sweden mostly...I think it was the best so far...in terms of positive & open football.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:57 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
As an ardent Football fan, I've been following the tournament as well. As usually EURO comes mostly with the defensive approach & inability to score of European football. 1st leg of Group games completed last night. Most of the games were somewhat same with low scoreline. Moreover, after watching the beautifully funny & an open friendly match between Argentina (4) & Brazil (3) lately, the EURO matches now seems kinda lame to me:p.

Agree. It won't be surprising if they make through to the semi final. Hope to see a good game tonight against the co-host Poland.

Never been a Dutch fan, so bit glad to see them defeated by Denmark. You guys now have a fine chance for the next round. May be not the Germany, but Denmark should put their best efforts against bit vulnerable Portugal. But I'll be very glad if Denmark can surprise Germany somehow.;) Best of luck.

Anyway, so far enjoyed the last night game of Ukraine-Sweden mostly...I think it was the best so far...in terms of positive & open football.
FINALLY someone's posting. Thank you, Ros.

So far i've been able to see every single match and to me the most entertaining matches has been:

Russia-Chech Rep. (Thanks to Russia)
Netherland-Denmark (Of course)
Gemany-Portugal (mostly thanks to Portugal actually)
Croatia-Ireland (Thanks to Croatia)
Italy-Spain (Mostly thanks to Italy. Quite a big surprise there)
Sweden-Ukraine (Thanks to Shevchenko. Good for him. :) )

Biggest disappointment so far has been: England-France.

This round i'm looking forward to:

Poland-Russia
Denmark-Portugal
Netherland-Germany
Italy-Croatia
Old 06-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Banned

thought I better post in here........don't really have nothing to say pertaining to the topic......so......um........how's it going?
Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 AM
No, fuck YOU

I don't have time to answer that. There's football going on for crying out loud!!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Banned

wait....wrong one
Old 06-13-2012, 01:44 AM
No, fuck YOU

Greece-Czech Republic 1-2

After the beating the Czechs took in their first match it was clear from the first minute they were out to redeem themselves and kick som efeta ass. And for the first 5 minutes they did. Played very well first half of the match untill the goalkeeper made a complete fuck-up.

Poland-Russia 1-1

Russia was lucky with a draw. Already look like a very tired team. Not good.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:42 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Greece-Czech Republic 1-2

After the beating the Czechs took in their first match it was clear from the first minute they were out to redeem themselves and kick som efeta ass. And for the first 5 minutes they did. Played very well first half of the match untill the goalkeeper made a complete fuck-up.

Poland-Russia 1-1

Russia was lucky with a draw. Already look like a very tired team. Not good.
Ditto. I think Russia will even looking for a draw in the final group match against Greece to go through to the next round & that will be frustrating to watch. Hope to see a better match between Chech & Polish.

Very much looking forward to see tonight's 2 big games in Group B....Denmark-Portugal & Germany-Netherlands. As Denmark already has 3 points from the first match, I'm not sure but they may now try to get draw in coming games to move forward into the knockout stage.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:53 AM
No, fuck YOU

Portugal-Denmark. 3-2

Sad but fair result.

Germany-Netherland -2-1

Bye bye Netherland. Big surprise they're not better with an attack like that.

Italy-Croatia 1-1

Italy totally fucked up that lead. Stupid. But at least they have only Ireland left. Should be quite the walkover.

Spain-Ireland 4-0

Spain played like true upcoming finalists and totally crushed their opponent. The game could easily have ended 6 or 7-0.