Old 06-16-2010, 07:32 AM
washes away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
No problem - More than happy to. Really wish that I had the motivation, drive, equipment, etc. to put together a short film of my own - I know it's not an easy task, so I don't want to rip apart what is clearly a true effort.

Hey - If you're a comedy writer and it's what you're comfortable with, why not do a horror comedy? I mean, you could take the source material (Barnacle Bill) and turn it into a fun cheese-fest instead of something serious, you know? Then you can take the voice over and make it even MORE over the top and it'll be successful.

Also: Two REALLY nit-picky things... The opening shot, the guy sitting in the boat - for some reason I couldn't help but focus on his, uhm, crack. :o

And our first scene in the car, I'm not sure why our heroine goes from complaining about her small town to screaming outside the car - She goes from frustrated and angry to fun-loving. Just an odd transition. Why not just make her a stereotype backwoods slut? Again, going for the comedy aspect of it might be more fun. :)

Then again, I'm sure a lot of people give you "suggestions" - It's up to you in the end. Good luck with your next endeavors - Keep posting them here! I'd love to see where they go!.

Yeah, I put the butt crack in there in the beginning because I wasn't taking myself seriously, I knew the film was going to be flawed and majorly flawed at that. The guy in the boat is a good high school friend, as is everyone one in the film, so it was just so every-time he watches it, we see his ass crack.. hahaha, plain and simple.

as far as the girl's emotions in the car, the scene was actually supposed to start with her screaming outside of the car, then going into the dialogue, but what happened was on the shoot day we ran behind schedule. I lost two dialogue scenes, and a transition scene, that ties the scene to next one.. I also lost scenes at the party, so I started having to get creative with the edit. Which is a reason why it took me so long to complete. this is far from what it's meant to look like.. there are a lot of things in the movie, that I am like what??? but whatever..

If you want to check out what I've been doing, I actually work for def jam and thelifefiles.com, as well as run my own production company.. www.acrossthebridgeproductions.com and then more of my personal work can be found at http://youtube.com/acrossthebridgemd

I know my website sucks, but I am looking for someone to step that game up..

As far as a comedy/horror that is exactly what I plan on doing with Blood in the Bay feature length.. Its going to be kind of Eastbound and Down meets Halloween
Old 06-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Gar19rett

Teaser Trailer Halloween: End of hte Myers Bloodline

I recently finished cutting my first teaser for my new fan film Halloween: The End of the Myers bloodline. check it out and let me know what you think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkJEE4A_52A
Old 09-16-2010, 03:16 AM
Pirate of Bengal

I saw it years ago on atom.com as a friend of mine recommended it. I couldn't remember the title lately but luckily again found it on youtube today. If you haven't seen it before then check it out...pretty interesting stuff.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
I saw it years ago on atom.com as a friend of mine recommended it. I couldn't remember the title lately but luckily again found it on youtube today. If you haven't seen it before then check it out...pretty interesting stuff.

The Brookstreet tag gave it away. Its from Canada, the Ottawa area, made by ultra rich hi tech pioneers son. The director is quite a talent.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Scares Little Kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47evO...has_verified=1

short horror directed produced and wrote by Pete Middleton pictures
please view and review on you tube
thank you

Last edited by elib32; 09-24-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:03 AM
Undead

This is Sling Blade.

I saw a short film last night, it lasted about 15 minutes, and it was called This is Sling Blade. Has anybody else seen this? From what I gather, is tells about a guy who years back, killed his mother and the guy she was with. He then is being interviewed by some people, and then gets a job. From what I have been told, this short subject film, is related to the movie Sling Blade. Is this true? It seems to be the case to me. So is it or is it not related to Sling Blade?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Alma

Old 11-06-2010, 08:51 AM

The Sandman

Old 11-06-2010, 08:55 AM

The Cat With Hands

Old 11-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Little Boo

Fall Indie Horror Music Video/Short

Hey Guys. Here is a Short Film music video hybrid I made. My budget was Nothing LOL It's a Post Apocalyptic Horror

Hope you enjoy! Pass it on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRHOmpGc2Kw