Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Sometimes dead is better

The Wind (1986)

Has any one ever heard of The Wind (1986)? I haven't seen it in a long while, but I believe it is horror. I have a vhs version of the film. Honestly, it has been so long since I have seen it, so i'm not positive if it's horror, but i'm pretty sure that it is. The reason I was wondering was that right now I am preparing to gradually replace my horror movie vhss with dvds and I was searching on the internet and could find no record of such a film. So, I was wondering if anyone else has heard of the film and if so what were your thoughts on it (also if you know where I can find a dvd version, you can let me know here)?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:43 AM
Midnight toker

What's it about?

As for replacing your vhs collection, you might wanna check out all the movies you need in terms of cost and avaliablity compared to blu-ray.... I'm finding DvDs a little harder to pick up and a little more expensive than they were a couple of years ago.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 AM
Sometimes dead is better

I've done some research and a vast majority of my vhss can be replaced for $15 or less. Unfortunately, there are a few that cost $30-$50. I am willing to pay that, but only in the distant future. Also, after I typed the name of the film with the year and one of the stars, I actually found the film on Amazon.com for about $30. As for what it's about, I will have to watch the film again because I have not seen it in years and remember almost nothing about it (although I remember something about a writer in a small town writing a thriller or something). I was just curious if anyone else has seen it or at least heard of it.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 AM
For Vendetta

Saw it a long, long time back on grainy VHS. All I remember is that it was one heck of a windy setting the movie was filmed in.

Watchable thriller, not exactly horror per se.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:48 AM
Sometimes dead is better

Yeah, I could not remember if it was really horror or not.