Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Evil Dead

Classic Monsters Return (again)

http://www.cryptomundo.com/movie-mon...-get-rebooted/
Old 05-27-2010, 04:25 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Based on those images...I have some major reservations. Dracula looks like a Twilight reject, Frankenstein looks like an angry twist on Branagh's version (with hair), and I'm pretty sure all they did for the Mummy is (poorly) Photoshop the guy from the Burial Ground poster/DVD cover. And Wolf Man in space? I...I have no words.

I'd agree with the whoever wrote the article - probably for the best that we've yet to see their take on the Creature.

Not holding out much hope here.

Last edited by The_Return; 05-27-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Cranky

Well, actually- the idea of a werewolf on a space station is quite intriguing to me. It juxtaposes the idea of an ancient curse with the modern space age, and begs the question: what effect would the full moon have on somebody beset by lycanthropy, when the moon's light is not filtered by the Earth's atmosphere? Would it give birth to a super werewolf?

Corman brought Frankenstein into the space age with an interesting little film called "Frankenstein Unbound." Just because recent vampire and mummy movies have been crap doesn't mean somebody can't breathe new life into the legends.

What angers ME about this story is the name attatched to it: Famous Monsters of Filmland. Famous Monsters of Filmland was, is, and will ever be ONE person: the beloved Forrest J. Ackerman. A guy managed to get the rights to the name and is using it for one purpose: to lend credibility to his own projects with the considerable weight the dear, departed Uncle Forry's name holds. If this guy had any guts or conviction in his own talent, he would stop trading on Ackerman's name and form a production company with his own name.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 05-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Halloween

The thing is, the fact that these monsters are still fairly popular and everyone knows that the originals (no matter how classic they are) will not scare kids..

I am a young horror movie goer, and am somewhat prepared for the rebirth of the Universal Monsters!!!

:)
Old 05-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Well, actually- the idea of a werewolf on a space station is quite intriguing to me. It juxtaposes the idea of an ancient curse with the modern space age, and begs the question: what effect would the full moon have on somebody beset by lycanthropy, when the moon's light is not filtered by the Earth's atmosphere? Would it give birth to a super werewolf?
you can be very deep sometimes

must have been all those shrooms in the 60s :D
Old 05-27-2010, 07:15 PM
mostly ghostly?

Yeah, those pictures don't look too promising, but I'm just hoping that they're really early pre-pre-production promo things.