Old 09-20-2014, 01:39 AM
Evil Dead

ood and gore all day. Dislkie supernatural (women's shite paaahhhh) although both are terribly cliche riddled, however, i'm more tolerant of blood and gore cliches than supernatural ones
Old 11-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Little Boo

The Power Of Christ Compels you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebok View Post
What kind of horror movies do you prefer the most? Do you like a lot of blood and gore with people being ripped to pieces, slasher films or moves about ghosts and poltergeists?

I like horror movies that make me afraid to sleep in that dark and thats why I prefere movies based on the supernatural. Blood and Gore movies like Saw do not scare me in the least. To me is just a bunch of people being ripped apart and slaughtered... seen plenty of that in war movies.

When I go to bed at night, I have no fear of some insane guy bursting into my house with a chainsaw. I live in a rather safe area so I don't even worry about buglers for that matter.

I believe in ghosts (though I have never had an experiances with one) so movies about the supernatural are what give me the chills.
Hi Tebok,
For me I prefer supernatural or paranormal movies, my all time favourite is "The Exorcist" it's success was based on two strands of belief, the belief in evil, and the belief that evil can be cast out, William Peter Blatty described it as "The Mystery Of Faith" I also enjoyed the Exorcism of Emily Rose, based on the true story of Annaleise Michel, who was thought to be possessed by demons and died during the exorcism ritual, these films deal with a subject matter which is still much debated, the Catholic church are loathe to recognise the possibility that someone could become possessed by another entity, and would sooner accept such a condition as a psychological disorder, however, these films tap into our most primitive fears, the fear of the devil and other dark forces, things which aren't easily explained, and yet appear all too real, I have had encounters with ghosts, I own and use a Ouija board, I am an experienced user, I also read the Tarot, and in doing so have experienced many strange and unexplainable occurences, I have held seances and attracted entities which were mischievous at least, but threatening at other times, where in such a case, I close down the session with the relevant address to the spirit world, it is very interesting but can also be frightening.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhowdy View Post
Hi Tebok,
For me I prefer supernatural or paranormal movies, my all time favourite is "The Exorcist" it's success was based on two strands of belief, the belief in evil, and the belief that evil can be cast out, William Peter Blatty described it as "The Mystery Of Faith" I also enjoyed the Exorcism of Emily Rose, based on the true story of Annaleise Michel, who was thought to be possessed by demons and died during the exorcism ritual, these films deal with a subject matter which is still much debated, the Catholic church are loathe to recognise the possibility that someone could become possessed by another entity, and would sooner accept such a condition as a psychological disorder, however, these films tap into our most primitive fears, the fear of the devil and other dark forces, things which aren't easily explained, and yet appear all too real, I have had encounters with ghosts, I own and use a Ouija board, I am an experienced user, I also read the Tarot, and in doing so have experienced many strange and unexplainable occurences, I have held seances and attracted entities which were mischievous at least, but threatening at other times, where in such a case, I close down the session with the relevant address to the spirit world, it is very interesting but can also be frightening.
Thanks for the story.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Little Boo

Blood and Gore
Old 12-14-2014, 12:09 PM
fanged menace

i`d go with suspense/tension movies, though i find movies like paranormal activity dissapointing as the tension always seems to lack a knock out blow.

my favorite genre outside that would be supernatural species movies, vampires and werewolves and the such. vampires being my all time favorites.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Gore Whore

haha I'm a gore whore all the way! Blood and gore wins for me....not a fan of supernatural (or scifi) didn't even give any of the paranormal activity films a glance but that's just me
Old 12-16-2014, 07:13 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhowdy View Post
Hi Tebok,
Interesting, what's are the 'relevant addresses' to the spirit world (at the close of a session)? Can you give me an example?

Old 12-16-2014, 07:27 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Interesting, what's are the 'relevant addresses' to the spirit world (at the close of a session)? Can you give me an example?
666 Styx Ave.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:31 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
666 Styx Ave.
Oh, you can't just say, "Peace out!"

Old 04-21-2015, 04:22 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I much like this question. Certainly makes me think. I love monster flicks. The effects and stories are such fun, and I love drawing creatures while watching them as they are so inspiring. If ''blood and gore'' is slasher type flicks then I love those too. They're entertaining to watch with their 97% predictable survivor rate. I do collect werewolf everything, so I suppose I'll have to vote supernatural.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!