Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-20-2020, 04:12 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
Technically, this post belongs in the Classic Horror Movies forum.

ah - i didnt know that it wasnt just a choice ..

i edited it to just include the last film
Old 05-20-2020, 05:55 AM
Living Dead

Slumber (2017), directed by Jonathan Hopkins.

The premise of a sleep demon sounds pretty interesting, but the execution was terrible. It had some good parts that were ruined by some bad ones. I would say it stays at a constant level of 'had potential but wasn't fully exploited'. Acceptable, though I wouldn't like to watch it again.

The Remains (2016), directed by Thomas Della Bella.

Standard haunted house tale - the story that's been done to death.
It looks pretty cheap, none should expect a Hollywood special effects galore. The movie is too bright as for an obscure horror tale. The acting is bad, seems like actors are reading their lines for the first time ever, so it does lack conviction. A/W, despite the negatives it is watchable.

Three Sisters T (2011), directed by Maciej Kowalewski.

Theater in the cinema... Nothing new; it is a dark, grotesque study of psychosis, also quite repulsive. The cast is convincing, the acting is theatrical - just as it was meant to be. Music and editing isn't bad, but could be done better. I would say that for a low-budget movie - pretty satisfactory. The problem could be in the script - the director uses a psychological thriller along with a black comedy which seems a great idea... but comic elements are storming the seriousness, which results in non-equilibrium. Most 'gags' were completely ridiculous, sometimes embarrassing. The dialogues were thin, it got much more comical after the appearance of a hairdresser, but still a little bit disappointing. Unfortunately, the final didn't satisfy me as well.

Hotel of the Damned (2016), directed by Bobby Barbacioru.

Okay, first of all, I hated the screaming in the beginning. Drove me nuts.
The movie presents the story of a group of people who are involved in a car crash, then injured and with a little choice, they decide to spend the night in an isolated hotel that has grim secrets of its own. There is a proper atmosphere created - with a low light to keep the shadows to a maximum, the cinematography is realistic. The acting is shoddy, the whole movie might be entertaining, but turned out to be pretty lame.

Orphan (2009), directed by Jaume Collet-Serra.

Well-done. Well-acted, really surprised me. Pretty disturbing, excellent thriller. It creates a good atmosphere, contains quite clever twist. The story is based on the intelligent nine-year-old girl's skillful manipulation (great job, Isabelle ). Camera work, culminations of moments full of unbearable tension are masterfully exploited elements of Orphan.

Last edited by Maila Munster; 05-20-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:58 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
Flight of the Navigator Noticed this older Disney film on my shelf while i was looking for something else. I didn't think i owned it so i watched it because i couldn't remember anything about it other than that Paul Rubens was the voice of the spaceship. Not a bad movie .. gets really simplistic in parts for a time travel movie ... but it's a kids movie so....
I remember seeing this, and "the boy who could fly" somewhat regularly on VHS.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:36 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Ant Man and Wasp - Avengers Endgame

Finally finished the series last night.

Still cant put my finger on why Ant-Man and Wasp felt so weak.
I think it might be that there is too much going on .. everything is rushing from one spot to another. i think the filmmaker recognised this and tried to slow it down for a short moment where Scott and his daughter have a father and daughter moment - then right back to the rat race again. i'm thinking i might appreciate it more over time .. not sure.

Endgame didn't have the same impact it had in the theatre but it still packed a solid punch and it was very bittersweet watching it come to the end. not just because of Tony Stark - but because it is the end of a story that took so many years to build. you can feel the friendships that go beyond the characters on screen.
I think the biggest impact for me was still the end credits where the core avengers had their individual credits displayed with their signatures. quite a rush of feelings seeing that again.
it will be a long while before i watch all of these again - but who knows .. the older i get the more i forget. i might not remember anything a year from now :)

Last edited by urgeok2; 05-21-2020 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:15 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
Brahms the boy II
Old 05-21-2020, 03:43 PM
This is a test

THE END? 2017

Really enjoyed this movie. A man gets caught in an elevator in his office building during a zombie apocalypse. He manages to pry the doors open just enough to see the terror going on.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:48 PM
Evil Dead

When I started watching Crawl, I was expecting something along the lines of The Shallows. A person unwittingly caught in a shit storm. Whereas this... I know characters in horror movies make dumb decisions, but this got to a point where it became annoying. I also did not care all that much for the father daughter heart to heart stuff.

That said, the last half hour did deliver on the tension and for something I expected to be one person vs nature, it does rack up a decent kill count.
Old 05-22-2020, 04:57 PM
This is a test

BRACKENMORE 2016

A woman returns to her childhood home to claim her inheritance from a long lost uncle.

Had some nice scenery but nothing really new.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:23 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Bloodline

A pretty blatant Dexter ripoff .. but not bad
watched it on Netflix
Old 05-23-2020, 08:47 AM
Living Dead

Paranormal Activity (2007), directed by Oren Peli.
Just rewatching.

Tags
movie