Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Compilations and Pastimes

Old 09-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Misanthrope

Taxidermia is a great film especially if you like dark humor. Have you seen Ex-Drummer? I recommend that one to anyone that hasn't seen it.

-----

The Ed Gein flick with Kane Hodder was terrible, the story had almost no resemblance to the actual events. B.T.K with Hodder was better but I'm not familiar with the events so maybe it won't appeal to those who are.

I quite enjoyed the one with Steve Railsback too.

My favorite film based (although not officially) on Gein is Deranged.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:47 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Taxidermia is a great film especially if you like dark humor. Have you seen Ex-Drummer? I recommend that one to anyone that hasn't seen it.

-----

The Ed Gein flick with Kane Hodder was terrible, the story had almost no resemblance to the actual events. B.T.K with Hodder was better but I'm not familiar with the events so maybe it won't appeal to those who are.

I quite enjoyed the one with Steve Railsback too.

My favorite film based (although not officially) on Gein is Deranged.
I found the movie Ed Gein with Railsback kinda boring - But it was 2 in the morning and I couldn't sleep - Maybe I'll give it another shot...

I'm really curious about B.T.K. - Even with not knowing the context, EC, was it any good?

I wonder if we should "redo" or offer up these Top 100s every few years. Beyond a doubt, Martyrs should be on here...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:01 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
I find serial killer movies to usually suck, I like the books though.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I'm really curious about B.T.K. - Even with not knowing the context, EC, was it any good?
I'm a sucker for serial killer flicks so I tend to punish myself with a lot of sub par shit. B.T.K wasn't anything amazing but enjoyable enough mainly for the novelty of seeing Hodder out of the hockey mask. I got a chuckle of how big the dude is in some of the shots especially since he's meant to be some normal guy next door type.

I'd recommend Ted Bundy (Matthew Bright directed Freeway which is dope IMO) or The Hillside Strangler if you haven't seen them. I basically buy/hire serial killer flicks hoping they'll be as good as those two.

...and of course I can't recommend VanBebber's The Manson Family enough (not a serial killer I know but this film is amazing).
Old 09-06-2010, 05:12 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
I find serial killer movies to usually suck, I like the books though.
Love the books - I more enjoy the "100 Top Serial Killers" cheap reads that have just a page or two per... Good for someone with a short attention span to read before bed. :cool:

My boyfriend picked me up Ed Gein: Psycho a while back, but it was so poorly-written that I had to put it down.

Quote:
I'd recommend Ted Bundy (Matthew Bright directed Freeway which is dope IMO) or The Hillside Strangler if you haven't seen them. I basically buy/hire serial killer flicks hoping they'll be as good as those two.

...and of course I can't recommend VanBebber's The Manson Family enough (not a serial killer I know but this film is amazing).
Will put those on my Netflix queue - I think you've mentioned Ted Bundy before... And I really do want to see The Manson Family... I thought that Helter Skelter was such a chilling read...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
helter skelter is my favorite.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I found the movie Ed Gein with Railsback kinda boring - But it was 2 in the morning and I couldn't sleep - Maybe I'll give it another shot...

I wonder if we should "redo" or offer up these Top 100s every few years. Beyond a doubt, Martyrs should be on here...
I thought the Railsback film wasn't bad...Deranged is still the best Gein based film imo...

I guess A Serbian film needs to be on the list now..
Old 09-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I guess A Serbian film needs to be on the list now..
What did you think of that one?
Old 09-09-2010, 06:34 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
What did you think of that one?
I dunno really...

I guess I liked it - I was suprised how well acted it was and I loved the music. I think it was way smarter than I expected too - or at least smart enought to fool me...

I guess it has a lot to say about Serbia and Serbians...It was definally the most literal 'fucked from birth' metaphor I've seen..
Old 02-04-2011, 09:27 AM
I have arms and legs.

Which one do you guys think is most disturbing?