Old 10-27-2003, 08:16 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticMinister Send a message via Yahoo to ChaoticMinister
Horror Inspiration

Inspiration is a funny thing... You and your work can be really looked down upon or critically acclaimed depending on where you got your material from... What made you think the way you did?

Does anyone know of the Inspiration behind various movies... Not just True Crime and Serial Killers, but like nightmares or experiences the writer/director/producer might have had, etc.

This might be an interesting thread...

I like to keep it that way...

*FADE OUT*
Old 10-27-2003, 08:34 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Well, Wes Craven named Freddy Krueger after a bully in his high school and says he based his appearance on a homeless man that scared the hell out of him when he was younger. I'll try to remember some more possible inspirations.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:37 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Oh yeah, Eli Roth said that Cabin Fever was based on a real virus that HE had and David Cronenberg based The Brood on the divorce he was going through at the time.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:22 AM
King of Klowns

Send a message via AIM to Killer Clown#1
I can only think of one right now, Charles Band got the inspiration for Puppet Master from the little tiky man from trilogy of terror.
Old 10-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Scares Little Kids

its not all about the scary insperation thou...

the famous catchphrase from 'The Shining' "Heeeere's Johnny" first came from the American Catchphrase tv show 3 years previous...
Old 11-14-2003, 11:36 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

off course, texas chainsaw massacre, psycho and silence of the lambs are inspired by ed "eddie" gein

and the freddy krueger thing is true, its on one of the DVDs
about a man in a hat staring at wes, then he walked away and heard a gate opening, so he must have been right at his front door, he called his brother, and the guy was away
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 11-15-2003, 12:14 AM
Evil Dead

To add on to Freddy, Wes got the idea for the story when he noticed several stories in LA regarding young, healthy individuals that were affraid to go to sleep and died in their sleep. He talks about it on one of the DVDs in the Nightmare box set.