Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Little Boo

Found Creepy 8mm Film Reels

Last edited by bloodpop4; 06-02-2016 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Is no longer relevant
Old 01-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodpop4 View Post
Please give us your thoughts on them. Might be a horror movie that someone never edited into a full movie or something we don't know.
Or it could be spam. Who knows?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Little Boo

N

Last edited by bloodpop4; 06-02-2016 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:34 PM
HDC Idol

Interesting concept.

With me, you have an advantage because I'm a sucker for found footage-style films. Also I'm ridiculously bored at work right now.

As for folks around here, and seasoned horror fans in general, it seems as though a lot of people have grown weary with "found footage" pitches - You'll probably get nailed for earnestly pretending that you actually "found" it. You may also get nailed for posting it in the General forum, and not the "Horror Filmmakers" section.

Just letting you know.

Like I said, interesting concept; makes me wonder what the overall vision is - Are you pitching a movie? Or just experimenting with short clips to see how viewers will react? Will your film professor give you an A? Will it ever go beyond Youtube? Will you be asking us for money next? O, the enigma!!!! dum dum DUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM
Old 01-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Cranky

Usually I'm the first one to cry bullshit on this kind of stuff, but these clips are very interesting. The only detail I found unconvincing was the tattoo on the man's arm in the baby doll sequence. It's too modern looking.

Also, your explaination of the footage being mismatched to the formats it's recorded on is too over the top. I suggest removing that from your pitch. The footage is creepy enough on its own. You could do something interesting with this if pay attention to the details.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Midnight toker

I really like a few of the clips, I think you would benefit from being a bit tougher on yourself with regards to which clips make the grade... Couple of the clips are kinda weak. I really enjoyed 'fragment 87j', but I think that would've benefited from a less is more approach, the closer you get to the subject the more you ruin the effect.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:27 AM
Little Boo

f

Last edited by bloodpop4; 06-02-2016 at 06:39 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:58 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
I really like a few of the clips, I think you would benefit from being a bit tougher on yourself with regards to which clips make the grade... Couple of the clips are kinda weak. I really enjoyed 'fragment 87j', but I think that would've benefited from a less is more approach, the closer you get to the subject the more you ruin the effect.
I totally agree, I actually had about 10 more seconds of video on 87j and totally obsessed about where to end it. We try to throw a few weak ones like the truck or the building to make the story that we found this stuff more convincing and draw you into the story more. Anything else that takes you out of the story and reminds you that this is all just fake please let me know.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Little Boo

j

Last edited by bloodpop4; 06-02-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Little Boo

g

Last edited by bloodpop4; 06-02-2016 at 06:43 AM.