Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Student Brings Knives To School

Student Accused Of Having 2 Knives

Acadia Middle School administrators alerted; prosecution is possible

CLIFTON PARK, New York -- A Shenendehowa student who allegedly brought two folding knives into a middle school will be disciplined by the district and could face criminal charges, school officials said.

State Police found two Swiss Army-style knives in the possession of an Acadia Middle School student before classes started Thursday, Shenendehowa spokeswoman Kelly DeFeciani said. She refused to identify the student.

The student had communicated an intention to bring the knives to school to five other middle school students in an online discussion Wednesday night, DeFeciani said.

The students -- four from Gowana Middle School and one from Acadia -- alerted middle schools assistant principal Thomas Van Gelder Thursday morning, and a State Police trooper was called. The trooper interrogated the student and found the knives on the student just before homeroom, school officials said.

"We will not tolerate weapons in our schools, and the punishment will be swift," Michael Piccirillo, middle schools lead principal, wrote to parents in a letter sent home with students Thursday.

The student's intent was unclear, and police could not be reached for comment. The student faces the "stiffest penalties," including suspension and potential criminal charges, DeFeciani said.

The incident occurred one day after two 16-year-olds were arrested for bringing BB guns to Troy High School, and a 15-year-old freshman at Scotia-Glenville High School was charged with multiple felony counts after bringing a knife to school.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be