Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-29-2014, 11:39 AM
Horror Fan

Mimic 3 (2003) Taut and gory sequel and Lance Henrikson brought his game. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Old 10-29-2014, 06:06 PM
ventricle

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

9/10

Is this film seditious?

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Very few, if any, flaws. Thought it was engaging and fairly exciting.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Evil Sweat

Zombeavers (2014)
B+
Silly, funny and clever at times. Didn't laugh much but it was certainly entertaining.
Probably would've been better if I saw it with a buddy and some beers.
Was indeed great they used puppets instead of CGI. Sounds and tunes were cool too. Script and cast were better than average. Loved Bill Burr's appearance. And the scene after the end credits was so bad it's good.
Wouldn't mind a sequel.
I hope Squirrels will be as good as this.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:46 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Was indeed great they used puppets instead of CGI.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:12 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Housebound (2014)

A well plotted, good comedy-thriller from New Zealand.

>>: B

Grace: The Possession (2014)

The sub-genre of 'Demonic Possession' has become most frequent in recent horror movie releases & most of them turns out average time-wasters. So I was quite skeptical about it, mostly after watching the trailer. The weird thing about this movie is it isn't a found footage flick but the entire film shot on POV format...from the first-person perspective, mostly of a possessed person. Now, as a POV flick with such a common subject matter, surprisingly it still turned out intelligently well made & very decent overall. The reason it works mostly for keeping all things together pretty simple with good cast & characterization and its decent flow or execution of the story.

Instead of that bad trailer that not only gave too much away but also kind of provide a wrong impression about the movie, the trailer for it actually required to be short & cleverly done.

>>: B+
Old 10-29-2014, 11:35 PM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Thumb resize.
Old 10-30-2014, 04:50 AM
Great with a machete

Wouldn't mind a sequel.
I hope Squirrels will be as good as this.[/QUOTE]

I also would watch a sequel to this, and i am SO looking forward to Squirrels!
Old 10-30-2014, 04:04 PM
Evil Dead

V/H/S

Holy shit, this was way better than the first time I watched it. I wasn't really paying attention the first time, so that might be a contributing factor. I thought every segment was excellent, and they were all unique and insane in their own way. The first segment, Amateur Night, was just batshit crazy, and it really set up a good tone for the movie. The second segment, Second Honeymoon, tones it down, but I thought this one was the most disturbing. It's the only one without the supernatural in it. This segment felt like a snuff film, which makes it more disturbing. The third segment, Tuesday the 17th, ratchets it up again with a sort of supernatural slasher. This segment is my personal favorite. The fourth segment, The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger, was the scariest segment. This one was presented through a Skype conversation, and it really reminded me of one of those "REAL GHOST CAUGHT ON TAPE!!!" videos. The final segment, 10/31/98, was the flashiest and the most fun; however, I felt this was the weakest segment. There was too much going on so that the audience doesn't really know what to be scared of. The frame narrative was also very creepy too because some stuff would move around in the background that you don't really catch on the first viewing.

A-
Old 10-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Evil Dead

The Taking of Deborah Logan

B+

Raze

A-

I loved Zoe Bell in Death Proof so I was hoping I would like her in this film too.

Mother of Tears

B

Child of God

C

Deliver Us From Evil

A+

Rosemary's Baby (2014)

B

Lacked a lot that the original held so well. I was hoping that it would have been a lot more creepier.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:26 AM
Little Boo

the possession 2012

Tags
movie