Old 10-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Scares Little Kids

My Horror Script is Finished, Now what?

Hi friends. These days I am writing a script. Which will finish with in next 40 days. So I thought I should take your help to get a solution of a problem.

My script is actually a Horror Zombie genre script. I can’t exactly mention about the duration of the movie right now as it is still incomplete. But it will be of at-least 80 minutes. I want to know what should I do now ? Should I try to contact a sales agent? Or should I directly contact production houses and financers? Another problem is that I am living in Pakistan so can’t register my script anywhere. So tell me how can I keep my script safe while sending the copy to financers? Should I send them a synopsis first and when they like it I should ask for any amount then give them the script or what???
You can summarize my problems in 4 questions.

1)My script is finished. Now how to sell it and where to sell it?
2)Should I contact normal sales agents or sales agents who deal in Zombie Horror movies?
3) How can I keep my script safe so that it cant get stolen while its with a financer(if I directly contact financers).
4)Should I ask for complete payment before sending them the final draft?

Kindly guide me

Regrads

Old 11-15-2008, 03:57 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad2478 View Post

1)My script is finished. Now how to sell it and where to sell it?
2)Should I contact normal sales agents or sales agents who deal in Zombie Horror movies?
3) How can I keep my script safe so that it cant get stolen while its with a financer(if I directly contact financers).
4)Should I ask for complete payment before sending them the final draft?
1-Enter it in contests or post it on a website like inktip.com . It's hard for a 1st time writer to sell anything because no one knows you. Your goal is first to get someone to read your script, but don't just send out the script to everyone. Industry standard dictates that you need to send out Query letters first. If someone is interested, they'll request to look at the full script.
2-You should send Query letters to independent film production companies, actors, directors that deal in the sort of film that you've written. (Don't query a zombie script to Judd Apatow. He does comedy.)
3-You can't register it with WGA but I'm sure you can still copywright it. That'll protect you more in court than a WGA registration anyway.
4-That will never happen. No one is going to pay for a script they haven't read from a first time writer. Not in a million years.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:53 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I am a professional screenwriter and I am not trying to be an ass, I simply wish to help you.

Write another script. Your first one is probably something you love, but first scripts don't sell. keep working.

There is no sales agent in the world who cares about your script, they only want something tangible - which means a property (script) with marketable talent attached (a star)

Artist agents/managers will not read your work unless you are recommended by someone else.

Living in Pakistan means no one will return your calls, sorry

You need to find the money to make your own film and do it by any means necessary. Without a finished film, no one will believe in your talents.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 11-18-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 AM
Hellraiser

Do you need someone to play a lead? If not, I am quite happy to play a zombie. Here is a link to Tep Fosters '7 Blood Stains for Aunty Sue'. I play the killer in the mask. Good luck with the script!!!

7 Blood Stains For Aunty Sue