#31231  
Old 01-26-2010, 06:03 PM
cheebacheeba's Avatar
cheebacheeba cheebacheeba is offline
What the shit?!?

 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,584
Severance
Bit stupid, but pretty fun.
Some kind of further explanation would have been nice.
__________________
The door opened...you got in..:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote
  #31232  
Old 01-26-2010, 11:27 PM
fortunato's Avatar
fortunato fortunato is offline
mostly ghostly?
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Green Hill Zone
Posts: 6,525
Zodiac (2007)

Such a great, often looked-over film, and Fincher's best work in my opinion. It has an incredible restraint that I think his other movies lack. A grand, haunting epic combining obsession and culture. Some really great performances and some of the best digital photography yet, too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31233  
Old 01-27-2010, 12:54 AM
roshiq's Avatar
roshiq roshiq is offline
Pirate of Bengal


 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dhaka
Posts: 8,673
Too Late the Hero (1970)



>>: B

Creation (2010)



It's partly biographical, partly fictionalized account of Charles Darwin & how he copes with the grief after untimely death of his eldest daughter, Annie, by plunging into his revolutionary work The Origin of Species. Quite sad & slow but a pretty well made & acted feature.

>>: B-
Reply With Quote
  #31234  
Old 01-27-2010, 02:17 AM
Ferox13's Avatar
Ferox13 Ferox13 is offline
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,946


A 26 year old actress plays a 15 year old girl who pops acid at her first party - soon shes on uppers/downers/sidewaysers etc all the time recording her teenage whining in her diary...Bill Shatner with tash and glasses says he'll play her dad if he gets top billing despite less than 10m ins of screem time..Andy Griffith plays a priest and and Robert Carradine appears as a teenage acid head..

This is based on the real life diaries of an anonymous teenage girl who died of a drug overdose back in the 60's (by based I mean totally made up) and was at one stage required reading for every 12 year old...
Reply With Quote
  #31235  
Old 01-27-2010, 04:49 AM
psycho d's Avatar
psycho d psycho d is offline
Bad Natured
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: in the gloom...
Posts: 1,256
Lucky Number Slevin (2006). This case of mistaken identity will keep the viewer guessing until the end. At one point i was all full of myself having figured something out, only to find that i was sucker punched by falling for the bait. The biggest complaint would be the beginning is a bit fast paced. Learn to keep up people! This is a witty, dark, at times cute, and ultimately stylish flick for the guy that can keep up. The cast was sublime, and everybody did their jobs perfectly. Lead Josh Hartnett killed his part, keeping everybody guessing 'till the end. The dialogue was fun and witty, the story was awesome, and the direction was great. The cinematography was at time playful and then frenetic, especially when increasing the body count. Don't worry for those that cannot keep up, the ending will literally be spelled out you. The only thing that was not up to par was the forced Hollywood ending. But we can live with that when everything else was so freaking grand. Ashe.
d
__________________

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Reply With Quote
  #31236  
Old 01-27-2010, 05:29 AM
Straker's Avatar
Straker Straker is offline
Midnight toker
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Across the pond.
Posts: 2,244
Day of the Dead (2008)- First watch, doubt I'll be watching it again...
Reply With Quote
  #31237  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:49 AM
ferretchucker's Avatar
ferretchucker ferretchucker is offline
Ziggy Played Guitar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Just to the left of nowhe
Posts: 10,539
Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker View Post
Day of the Dead (2008)- First watch, doubt I'll be watching it again...
You were flicking through the channels and fell for the trap as well? What was it? Film4?
__________________


The Ferrets like it...
Reply With Quote
  #31238  
Old 01-27-2010, 08:56 AM
neverending's Avatar
neverending neverending is offline
Cranky

 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post


A 26 year old actress plays a 15 year old girl who pops acid at her first party - soon shes on uppers/downers/sidewaysers etc all the time recording her teenage whining in her diary...Bill Shatner with tash and glasses says he'll play her dad if he gets top billing despite less than 10m ins of screem time..Andy Griffith plays a priest and and Robert Carradine appears as a teenage acid head..

This is based on the real life diaries of an anonymous teenage girl who died of a drug overdose back in the 60's (by based I mean totally made up) and was at one stage required reading for every 12 year old...
Okay, you think that was bad, I recently saw:

1969

Starring Robert Downey Jr. & Keifer Sutherland as two young hippies telling the whole story of the troubled 60s. Bruce Dern & Mariette Hartley as dad & mom, with Winona Ryder as little sis. From the same guy who brought you On Golden Pond. All was not golden this time. Rather sappy & superficial.
__________________
Lee Widener, Author Website

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Reply With Quote
  #31239  
Old 01-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Doc Faustus's Avatar
Doc Faustus Doc Faustus is offline
Mephistophiliac

 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,998
Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
Lucky Number Slevin (2006). This case of mistaken identity will keep the viewer guessing until the end. At one point i was all full of myself having figured something out, only to find that i was sucker punched by falling for the bait. The biggest complaint would be the beginning is a bit fast paced. Learn to keep up people! This is a witty, dark, at times cute, and ultimately stylish flick for the guy that can keep up. The cast was sublime, and everybody did their jobs perfectly. Lead Josh Hartnett killed his part, keeping everybody guessing 'till the end. The dialogue was fun and witty, the story was awesome, and the direction was great. The cinematography was at time playful and then frenetic, especially when increasing the body count. Don't worry for those that cannot keep up, the ending will literally be spelled out you. The only thing that was not up to par was the forced Hollywood ending. But we can live with that when everything else was so freaking grand. Ashe.
d
I concur. A fast, fun neonoir that anybody can enjoy.
__________________
Proud to be the new HDC President! FAUSTUS IS LAW!
Reply With Quote
  #31240  
Old 01-27-2010, 02:24 PM
novakru's Avatar
novakru novakru is offline
Waste Disposer
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: suburban hell
Posts: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie359 View Post
The Descent
And your take on this flick?

Alot of ppl have been very against this movie here at HDC, mostly males for obvious reasons...but this movie is high on my fav list because it would have scared me even WITHOUT the monsters....I mean, those scenes getting stuck...ooo:eek:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:05 AM.