Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-03-2007, 03:12 AM
Evil Dead

the greats you hate

just thought i would try and get some negative feedback on some of these so called classics that people bang on about but when you actually watch them they are dog shit. i bought and watched the first 15 minutes only of the last house on the left. it was supposed to have a good reputation. so if anyone feels like sharing any bad experiences with these 'greats' it would help me be more selective in picking up supposed must haves for my collection. thanks
Old 01-03-2007, 05:56 AM
Evil Dead

the greats i hate is

The Shining is most overrated movie ever
i didn't find scary and it was so boring
Old 01-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Fear scented candle

I agree with tony, never cared for last house on the left. Just felt like Wes craven acting out some perverted fantasy, and the banjo music really took me out of it.

I never really cared for any of the freddy or jason movies, although i find the first couple in each series at least watchable...

Except for the mattress on the stairs in Nightmare on elm street... Dear god, they didnt even try to hide it...
Old 01-03-2007, 06:31 AM
TRY ME, I DARE YOU

Send a message via AIM to halloweenfreak1
I didnt find any of the NoES movie very appealing. I didnt like the whole "kill you in you dreams" bull shit.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloweenfreak1 View Post
I didnt find any of the NoES movie very appealing. I didnt like the whole "kill you in you dreams" bull shit.
I thought it was interesting, especially HOW wes craven came up with it, but it was a one trick pony, that kept trying to pass it off asd a new trick.

The first time i saw New Nightmare, i didnt think it was too bad, becausei had just seen Darkness Falls. I openly dislike it now.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:38 AM
TRY ME, I DARE YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
I thought it was interesting, especially HOW wes craven came up with it, but it was a one trick pony, that kept trying to pass it off asd a new trick.

The first time i saw New Nightmare, i didnt think it was too bad, becausei had just seen Darkness Falls. I openly dislike it now.
i like the movies that are in the realm of possibility more than i do ones that can not and will never happen. Usually i can watsh a good science fiction horror flick but NoES kinda fucked it up for me(Johnny Depp was graet though)
Old 01-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Fear scented candle

I can see why you like Halloween then :)

Personally, Halloween 1 and 2 are the only slashers i will bother with, and maybe Scream (just the first one)
Old 01-03-2007, 06:48 AM
TRY ME, I DARE YOU

truthfully i just tolerate Friday the 13th. the first one was good, and mabe the second. but i hate the rest of the series. And who the fuck cam up with jason in space. that writer should be drug out into the street and shot. it looked like an old power ranger movie.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:58 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
For the life of me I cant see the appeal of Jaws. It wasnt a terrible movie, but I really didnt think it was so great. Well acted but really drawn out...

The Exorcist is damn good, but it's nothing compared to the book. Very good movie, but the novel is 100% better.

Not so much horror, but I didnt think much of Hitchcock's Vertigo, either. Ok, so it had a couple good twists and a great performance from James Stewart. Too bad that's all it had going for it...
Old 01-03-2007, 07:19 AM
Banned

Jaws is one of those movies that may not be appreciated by younger folks because by the time they see it - there has been a lot of other flashier productions.

but when that flick was first released - it scared the shit out of more people than most other horror flicks combined