Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
The Wig

Using a hunk of cursed hair as a focal point for a metaphorical tale dealing with sickness, loss, bereavement and what we will do to avoid those things, this film weaves a wonderful spell. Really enjoyed this.

But can someone who has seen this film tell me who the boys with the belts were, and who they were beating?
As far as I can recall that it left a pretty good impression on me too when I watched it on youtube almost a year ago but your question my friend, reminds me an extreme need of a 2nd viewing asap. :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
The Chaser (2008). This incredible psycho-thriller has reinvigorated my love of Korean cinema. Just about every aspect of this flick was perfect. The story itself was a wonderful ride, but not as confusing as some Korean flicks tend to be. It also shied away from the usual Korean tendency to weave together a story so abstruse that needs an explicit visual explanation towards its denouement. Instead, this is simply a driving movie that never lets up, with side-stories constantly interfering with our players best intents to motor on with their nefarious deeds, whether they be pimping their chicks or bashing their brains in. Heroes and villains alike are thick in character, some being richly complex and unlikeable, others hiding their filth behind a wall of believably simplicity. The action is so wonderfully authentic, spiced with occasional bumblings, that we come to appreciate each and every blow with with some well earned flinching. At times a tad gruesome and brutal, a Hollywood ending is definitely not in the cards. Merci beaucoup.
d
Oh, though haven't give it a watch yet but after reading your review, at the moment I'm feeling very glad that at least I have the dvd in my collection.:o

Hausu aka House (1977)

Weird, magical and hilarious (even the name of the characters: Mac, Sweet, Fanta, Kung Fu!:D); that makes a totally different & wonderful addition to the sub genre of Haunted House films. Loved it.

>>: A-
Old 08-09-2010, 09:11 PM
Cranky

VOICE

Interesting Koean ghost story set in a girl's school. Might be a bit slow for people not into Asian horror.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 08-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Cranky

Restless

Romantic epic martial arts fantasy. The title doesn't really fit the film, which was certainly grand in scope.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

Choclate which was pretty cool, and the first fifteen minutes of Tokyo Zombie.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Scares Little Kids

Ghost lantern
Old 08-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Cranky

Tazza: The High Rollers

The lives of high stakes card players in Korea. Stylish, at times violent, a fascinating portrayal.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:50 AM
the Frostbrood Vanquisher

Ecchi - and it was terrible...
Old 08-16-2010, 06:10 AM
The Andraculoid

Secret Sunday

Last Asian horror film I watched was Secret Sunday. Its Thai. Its rather good, a pretty unique storyline. Gets a 4 out of 5.

You can watch it here. http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/sunday.php
Old 08-16-2010, 10:52 AM
For Vendetta

Cyber Ninja (aka) Mirai Ninja

http://www.superheroeslives.com/inte...88)/poster.jpg

Zwoti & Angra, see if you can track this one down. A real hoot to watch, mixing sci-fi with old school ninja fighting. Watched it once a long time ago on VHS, and boy am I glad I found it after all these years.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Hard Revenge Milly

This is what I like to see in a revenge/ultra-gore flick. The gore was over the top, but not silly. I like the ultra-gorey Japanese movies that have been coming out in the last 3 years or so, but some of them are so bent on being kinky that it's more silly than fun. For example Machine Girl 2's butt machine gun, or Robogeisha's vehicle transformations. I though Hard Revenge Milly would be the same, just too much silly action jammed into a 44 minute movie but I was pleasently surprised.

8/10. Recommended for fans of TGP etc. etc.