Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-22-2006, 07:13 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Discussing the TCM remake is just plain wrong.
Not in here it's not. Horror.com is a horror forum, this thread is discussing a "modern horror movie", which means it's in the right place, regardless of whether or not YOU liked the film.
I don't see a problem.

I didn't mind the remake, although I think the original has, and will continue to have far more of a lasting impact on the slasher/horror genre. My problems with the remake was that they DID more or less remake the film...I know that doesn't seem to make much sense, but what I mean is that essentially, I prefer "re-imaginings", aka - the new dawn of the dead.
The tcm remake was a little of both, but stuck too close to the original storyline to make it stand out in any way to me.

I suppose the chick shooting herself was quite fucked up, and, I also liked the addition of the young boy...kind of sad, kind of creeped out.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
Not in here it's not. Horror.com is a horror forum, this thread is discussing a "modern horror movie", which means it's in the right place, regardless of whether or not YOU liked the film.
I don't see a problem.

I didn't mind the remake, although I think the original has, and will continue to have far more of a lasting impact on the slasher/horror genre. My problems with the remake was that they DID more or less remake the film...I know that doesn't seem to make much sense, but what I mean is that essentially, I prefer "re-imaginings", aka - the new dawn of the dead.
The tcm remake was a little of both, but stuck too close to the original storyline to make it stand out in any way to me.

I suppose the chick shooting herself was quite fucked up, and, I also liked the addition of the young boy...kind of sad, kind of creeped out.
i love it when cheeba gets mad at the noobs. It's like watching a shark attack a school of fish. And frankly, I disliked the original... It was really crappy, and I don't see what everyone thought was so great about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 02-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Evil Dead

The remake could have been a hell of a lot worse, but I'm just a huge fan of the original. It just had a really disgusting feel to it... still makes my skin crawl. The new one just seemed like another slasher to me, nothing really new or fresh.

But I agree with the bit about the salt on the leg-stump *shudder*.
Til one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere, and you've forgotton what shit even looks like.
Welcome to the Layer Cake, son...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:24 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by Posher778
i love it when cheeba gets mad at the noobs. It's like watching a shark attack a school of fish. And frankly, I disliked the original... It was really crappy, and I don't see what everyone thought was so great about it.
Im starting to agree with Urge on the whole "crappy" thing. What didn't you like about it?
Old 02-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Well, for one thing, the hype. So many people here have it as their favorite of all time... WHY? It ISN'T anything special. There's nothing scary at all in it, and its the most repetitive movie ever. Its very short, mainly because nothing happens until 40 minutes into the movie, and the ending was completely random. The ONLY thing that impressed me was when the retard brother got run over by the 16 wheeler at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 02-23-2006, 02:59 AM
Evil Dead

Woooh - steady on people. I may be new to this forum but I have been an avid fan of the genre for over 20 years. So what the hell being a 'newb'?? has to do with it is beyond me. Also I see people are getting slammed for using words like 'soz' and yet 'newb' is acceptable??

As for my point about it being 'plain wrong' - I am from manchester, UK and an expression here is if you think something is crap the expression is 'it's plain wrong'. I apologise for not making that clearer. Still thought the remake sucked compared to the original though.

Last edited by PeaSoupintheye; 02-23-2006 at 03:01 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:25 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Also I see people are getting slammed for using words like 'soz' and yet 'newb' is acceptable??
I believe he said noob, not newb, nOOb. :p

I for one don't really give a shit about non-excessive abbreviation, although number to letter substitution generally shits me. By the way, I wasn't specifically intending to "have a go" at you before, I just didn't agree with what you said, and stated reasons to that effect.
However, I will say - If what you said about your local terminology is true, fair enough...but, then I question is there was really much of a need to comment in the first place. Saying "The original ruled, the new one sucks" has not only been said by hundreds of people about hundreds of remakes, but it's kind of rude to blow in on someones thread just to say that. If you felt it was really worth the negative comment, you could've just said "I personally disagree...etc", maybe stated a few reasons why you developed this opinion, instead of coming in saying things that may be taken as "you're an idiot, your choice in film sucks".
Just saying...converse, express...make your posts worthy.

- B.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 02-23-2006 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Evil Dead

miaow! :)
Til one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere, and you've forgotton what shit even looks like.
Welcome to the Layer Cake, son...
Old 02-23-2006, 03:39 AM
That fucking Guy...

*SHART* @YOU :mad:
Old 02-23-2006, 05:24 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
I believe he said noob, not newb, nOOb. :p

I for one don't really give a shit about non-excessive abbreviation, although number to letter substitution generally shits me. By the way, I wasn't specifically intending to "have a go" at you before, I just didn't agree with what you said, and stated reasons to that effect.
However, I will say - If what you said about your local terminology is true, fair enough...but, then I question is there was really much of a need to comment in the first place. Saying "The original ruled, the new one sucks" has not only been said by hundreds of people about hundreds of remakes, but it's kind of rude to blow in on someones thread just to say that. If you felt it was really worth the negative comment, you could've just said "I personally disagree...etc", maybe stated a few reasons why you developed this opinion, instead of coming in saying things that may be taken as "you're an idiot, your choice in film sucks".
Just saying...converse, express...make your posts worthy.

- B.
Fair comment. I was not in any way meaning to be rude and so I take my comments back! I in-fact do own the remake but being a big TCM fan was disappointed with the way Leatherface was newly portrayed in the remake as opposed to the original. I also will point out that on merit if it was just another movie then I would maybe have had a higher opinion of it but as I am hating the recent remake boom in Hollywood then I was always going to be against a remake (what I would term) a classic.