Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Banned

This movie was totally not scary. But maybe that's because it's an ACTION MOVIE!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to Mud Mutt Send a message via Yahoo to Mud Mutt
Oh, I agree with you, "Underworld" sucks compared to "Dog Soldiers". However comparing "Underworld" to "Dog Soldiers" is like comparing apples to hand granades.

For starters "Dog Soldiers" is a good old fashion low budget werewolf horror flick. Lots of blood and gore. "Oh look sausages!"

Now "Underworld" on the other hand is a huge budget Hollywood action film. (ie not horror) In that sense yes "Underworld" is OK. nothing to stand up and shout about, but hell it is not as bad as "DarkWolf" or "Werewolf" either.

Than again I am the dumbass that compared "Underworld to "Dog Soldiers to begin with. So I have posted this to clear things up, I hope this clarifies my original post.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Decapitated

Send a message via Yahoo to coldwhisper
Quote:
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
This movie was totally not scary. But maybe that's because it's an ACTION MOVIE!!!
I totally agree. LOL. The movie should not be in he horror genre at all. Hmmm... there's a little bit of drama but you can't really put your finger on it coz of the bad acting...
Old 01-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Hellraiser

i dunno i kinda liked it
Old 01-07-2004, 06:57 AM
Saint of Killers

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
egg,

I didnt think it to be anything else, all horror has some amount of action in it, Dog Soldiers did, and I am not trying to compare the 2 but even as an action film, this movie masturbated sea lions. I just didnt care for it.

3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead.

I've never been nice my whole life....but, I'll do my best to be sweet.

I keep my standards low, so I'm never disappointed.

The next words out of your mouth better be some Mark Twain shit, cos' I am going to be chiseling it on your tombstone.

Trample the weak, Hurdle the dead.

Forgive your enemies......after they are slain.

The God I believe in aint short of cash mister.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:37 AM
Evil Dead

On a 1-10 scale it scores a solid C-. The acting in this one was horrable, Scott Speedman was drift wood. The concept and some of the effects were decent but I need a little more than that. The editing was probably the worst part, anyone else feel like this movie was a bunch of room entrancesand exits? The whole movie was someone walking into a room with 2 other people saying something and leaving. It's watchable but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I'm astonished at all this hate. Horror movie or not, I totally loved it guys. It's the history that clenched it. Seeing as how I was rooting for the Lychans to begin with, and it turns out that the vamps started the war, it couldn't have turned out better. Also, the CG was kept to a minimum as someone pointed out and I'm happy for it. Can't wait to see what Markus will do in the sequel.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Banned

Acting-wise, Kate Beckinsale will also be in The Aviator. And if you don't like Kate Beckinsale, don't worry. Nobody makes bad actors seem GREAT, like Martin "God" Scorsese.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:24 AM
warprophet

great movie, but my god! the wearwolves!? no hair?! i have more hair on my balls then those bastards had thats not right, + the abomination thingy was alittle fucked...i was expecting something cool looking but it was more like a black version of the hulk
Old 01-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by moonsorrow
the abomination thingy was alittle fucked...i was expecting something cool looking but it was more like a black version of the hulk
I thought they could have did a better job on that too.. and man they could have made him whop some ass faster as well... I guess they wanted to make him look more vampirish.. Cool claws though.. I do look forward to the other underworld movies..

Fulci Lives!!!!