Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-03-2011, 08:16 AM
I Just Don't Give a Damn.

Location: in your house standing behind you with a chrome ball of death
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
I remember an old sci-fi/horror movie about these mollusk-like creatures created in a lab. The only scene I remember distinctly was the scientists trying to kill the creatures with cows loaded with radiation and the creatures dropping from the trees onto the radioactive cows. Not much to go on, but anyone know this film?
I think its "The Monster That Challenged the World" Synopsis from imdb: An earthquake in the Salton Sea unleashes a horde of prehistoric mollusk monsters. Discovering the creatures, a Naval officer and several scientists attempt to stop the monsters, but they escape into the canal system of the California's Imperial Valley and terrorize the populace.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorzack View Post
I think its "The Monster That Challenged the World" Synopsis from imdb: An earthquake in the Salton Sea unleashes a horde of prehistoric mollusk monsters. Discovering the creatures, a Naval officer and several scientists attempt to stop the monsters, but they escape into the canal system of the California's Imperial Valley and terrorize the populace.
Doesn't look like it from the youtube clip. It looks pretty entertaining though.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I remember an old sci-fi/horror movie about these mollusk-like creatures created in a lab. The only scene I remember distinctly was the scientists trying to kill the creatures with cows loaded with radiation and the creatures dropping from the trees onto the radioactive cows. Not much to go on, but anyone know this film?
That's Island of Terror (1966) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060548/
Old 01-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP McCoy View Post
That's Island of Terror (1966) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060548/
It is indeed. Thank you.:)
Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanjadardic View Post
Hi, I know this is my first post, and that I won't post anything other than thank you for the answer, but I have a question about a movie. It's a horror movie I watched about 15-18 years ago. It's about a group of people in a house or a small building that is haunted. I remember that when they entered the house all doors and windows shut and the bars on the windows locked, so they were trapped. There was one ghost in the house, and I think some sort of a cross, that when someone had it the ghost couldn't hurt him. And at the end of the movie they lured the ghost in basement and locked it there, and the lock was actually that cross.

That's the best description I can remember. Anyone knows this movie?
Still no answer :(
Old 01-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
It is indeed. Thank you.:)
You're welcome :)
Old 01-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Little Boo

I'm looking for a horror movie that I can't remember its name. Please help me!

First of all, that movie is like Stephen King's movies. However, I couldn't find it although I have scanned all his movies via IMDB.

Story: A couple lost their son in a accident. They dediced to move to small town after the accident. There was a home in small town. It was like Stephen King's home and haunted by ghosts. Wife didn't work. She was always in home. I guess husband could be writer. Also, they had a dog. She begun to see certain signs which warn her. For example, she was listening to radio while cleaning home. She heard a voice in radio that said "By the way, this message is for housewife cleaning home: 10 days left... ". Another sign is that: She was awake by her son. She started to follow him. They went outside. She begun to sink in a swamp. Suddenly, she woke up and tought that it was just a dream. However, she realized that it was not a dream when she looked at her own legs. Her legs were muddy. There are more signs like that. End of story: Her husband went crazy. He tried to kill her. She escaped. She saw some muddy monsters in cellar. Finally, sheriff saved them. They moved to the city.

Do you know this movie?
Old 01-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Hellraiser

Thumbs up VANJADARDIC - I May Hell Have the Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanjadardic View Post
Hi, I know this is my first post, and that I won't post anything other than thank you for the answer, but I have a question about a movie. It's a horror movie I watched about 15-18 years ago. It's about a group of people in a house or a small building that is haunted. I remember that when they entered the house all doors and windows shut and the bars on the windows locked, so they were trapped. There was one ghost in the house, and I think some sort of a cross, that when someone had it the ghost couldn't hurt him. And at the end of the movie they lured the ghost in basement and locked it there, and the lock was actually that cross.

That's the best description I can remember. Anyone knows this movie?
Quote:
Still no answer :(
99.97% sure

. THE
E V IL

............................... (1978)
Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
Ok-to start this was not a horror movie but I didn't want to start a whole thread over this silly question.I was fairly young(13 or less so 1990 or before) when I saw this movie:

A young boy rescues his grandfather from a nursing home and they go on the lamb. I remember little more than that other than it must have come out around the same time as Rambo 2, Stand By Me, and Life Force(just a timeline reference, not accurate).

I may not remember right but it seems like they may have been in the desert. The boys father(the grandfathers son) was searching for them and my memory is hazy but i seem to remember horses and a six shooter.

Sorry for the vague details but any help would be great!

Any ideas?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Hellraiser

Lightbulb 666

At the risk of being banned and branded by The Devil and the Board for this not being horror, I sought an answer, and posted this on Yahoo Answers. Devil have mercy on my body. :eek:
The answer came, born of woman:

Quote:

Maybe it's "Home of Angels" (1993/1994) :mad:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800208204/info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_of_Angels

A 12-year-old boy from Long Island, New York wishes to have his grandfather (Abe Vigoda)--who is in a nursing home in Philadelphia with Alzheimer's disease--with him for Christmas. On his own, he travels to Philadelphia and attempts to get his grandfather out of the nursing facility and back to New York. Along the way the pair encounter some menacing moments, a homeless man and an angel.
Co-starring Sherman Helmsley as the homeless man who protects them on their journey.

EDIT: I've looked around for a movie that was made in the mid to late 80's (or earlier) with the same plot but the closest I've come is one called Two of a Kind but I doubt that's the one you seek. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084832
I hope this is it. :(
Oh the morality!!!!!! It couldn't be further away from HoRRoR

Last edited by Superman1; 01-18-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: End of Yahoo URL + 1 weak joke - the punchline - missing

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods