Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Contributors, Articles & Others > News, Reviews & Article Discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Tony Send a message via Yahoo to Tony
Post Review for "House of 1000 Corpses" (2003) (DVD)

"House of 1000 Corpses" (2003) - Director: Rob Zombie - Starring: Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, Karen Black - Review contains spoilers. [details]
Old 10-05-2003, 06:36 AM

House of 1000 corpses sucked!Don't get me wrong it had it's moments,but it still sucked!There were a few funny parts,but it sucked!I only liked the first half an hour when capton spalding was in it because he was the best character in the movie for the simple fact that he was funny.So anyway as you can already tell i ultimately thought this movie SUCKED!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:52 PM
PhantomMaggot

This is one of the best horror movies I have seen in the past few years. It's great pure and simple. It has every quality a horror should. It was even a little frightening. Rob Zombie did an excellent job on this flick and I hope he does many more. If you think this movie sucked e-mail me at [email protected] and I will try and convince you otherwise beacause it was freaking amazing and almost nobody has liked it that I have heard until I was able to convince them otherwise.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Timmy Libalow

Thumbs up It's Rob

Think of a person that loved the scaries form the B&W thru the 70s. THen make that person a musician, with aloof tastes and self-expression in everything they touch. Mix a dark side, comedy/et.al and you have the creator of this lovingly-made hommage to past scaries - Mr.Zombie.

Artsy, full of represenation and love for the genre - not particularly scary, not evenn particulalrly gory...
(give him a break, he's a musician, not a filmmaker) ;).

Still, a wonderful, fun film. A respectful 'bow' to what has come before it.
Bravo.
Old 11-17-2003, 02:20 PM
Shadow Puppet Mastermind

The review was a good one, I agree.

It's obvious that when you watch the film Rob Zombie wore his heart on his sleeve, I admire that.

I thought some of the scenes were pretty terrifying, like when you see flashes of the cheerleaders being butchered.
The movie had balls.
It disturbed me a bit, but I know I'll never forget the film.

If Zombie directs a 2nd film I'll be there.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:34 PM
lerxst

>It works for TCM, which was created in 1978

TCM was filmed in 1973 and released in 1974.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:53 AM
Undead

From what I've read so far, I guess that "disturbing" was the best adjective used to represent that flick. I loved it. I sure hope Rob Zombie decides to direct some more horror movies (but please, not a sequel...).
That was one hell of a atmosphere based horror movie, just like TCM was at his time.
Old 03-20-2004, 05:26 AM
hoodjam

Anyone who hasn't seen any horror exploitation flicks of the past (Texas Chainsaw massacre, Hills Have Eyes, etc) might be shocked or disturbed by this movie. For the rest of us, it's all been done before. Nothing unusually disturbing, definitely not scary. I just kept waiting for it to be over.