Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Evil Dead

Avp 2

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

"We will do another one of those for sure. It was a big success."
-- 20th Century Fox Film Co-Chairman Tom Rothman

"In the new Alien vs. Predator, they will finally actually really come to our world," Rothman said. "The previous Alien and Predator movies took place in the future, and Alien vs. Predator took place in a remote Antarctic location, though in modern times. The new film could bridge the gap between all the movies and the two horror film franchises."

The first one was a "big success" b/c all of the little tennie boppers could get into the movie sense it was PG-13 when it should have been R. The only thing good about this film was to see the Predator and the Alien on screen at the same time fighting, but the idea of the Preadtor teaming up with the human, no!
Personaly, I'm not looking forward to this film. Unless they somehow make-up for the piece of shit they made in the first AVP. But they ignored a lot of stuff from the original franchies in AVP so I don't see how they could fix things in a sequal.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:00 AM
Your funeral... my trial

I don't think that they can make up for it, to be honest. Speaking as a long time fan of both franchises, I can say that AvP left a really, really bad taste in my mouth. It was a cynical cash-grab, nothing more. I doubt the second would be anything more.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:52 PM
new owner of hell

i think they could make up for the first one if the second is more bad ass than the original preditor and aliens. im talking some serious fucking violence and carnage. i want to see an alien ripped the fuck apart ant the preditor get melted all to hell via the acis blood. and i also want the really bad ass preditors( the ones that have been to war and come back really fucked up in the head) vs. the "super alien" that came out of the preditors chest( and it had better be a queen so we can get some "super warrior aliens"). if they do all that then ill go see AVP 2.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:44 PM
No charge for awesomeness

I can't believe them thinking this film warrants a sequel! It deserves to be wiped from existence and forgotten and thats about it!

AvP was so damn forgetable that I rented it, watched it, thought it sucked, instantly forgot that I even wasted my time watching it and then three weeks later, I made the mistake of re-renting it, because I had already forgotten everything about it and couldn't even recollect seeing it. When I got home, my girl was like... "Why the fuck did you rent that stupid movie again?" And I was like.... "Ohhhh....Shiiiiit...."
Old 10-14-2005, 06:09 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
I can't believe them thinking this film warrants a sequel! It deserves to be wiped from existence and forgotten and thats about it!

AvP was so damn forgetable that I rented it, watched it, thought it sucked, instantly forgot that I even wasted my time watching it and then three weeks later, I made the mistake of re-renting it, because I had already forgotten everything about it and couldn't even recollect seeing it. When I got home, my girl was like... "Why the fuck did you rent that stupid movie again?" And I was like.... "Ohhhh....Shiiiiit...."
Sorry dude, I feel the same way about this movie, it should be forgoten.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:43 AM
Foxhole Atheist

Quote:
Originally posted by kung-fu-jesus
i think they could make up for the first one if the second is more bad ass than the original preditor and aliens. im talking some serious fucking violence and carnage. i want to see an alien ripped the fuck apart ant the preditor get melted all to hell via the acis blood. and i also want the really bad ass preditors( the ones that have been to war and come back really fucked up in the head) vs. the "super alien" that came out of the preditors chest( and it had better be a queen so we can get some "super warrior aliens"). if they do all that then ill go see AVP 2.
Fuckin right! This could possibly be a great film, all they have to remember is that the humans caught in between HAVE to be completely fucked up and no more of this nobility between warriors bullshit. Concentrate on the aliens and predators and let the humans be cannon fodder.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:05 AM
Your funeral... my trial

Does anyone else remember Dark Horse's old AvP comics? They were actually really good, and if they used the same storyline for a movie, it could turn out to be much better than the last one. Ah well, if wishes were horses...
Old 10-16-2005, 02:24 AM
Misanthrope

^^ \m/ \m/ they were dope dude :cool:

I dug this film. I'd welcome a sequel. But blahhhhh..... what do I know :rolleyes:
Old 10-17-2005, 01:53 PM
new owner of hell

Quote:
Originally posted by scouse mac
Fuckin right! This could possibly be a great film, all they have to remember is that the humans caught in between HAVE to be completely fucked up and no more of this nobility between warriors bullshit. Concentrate on the aliens and predators and let the humans be cannon fodder.
thanks for agreeing. i dont totaly like the first but a seaquel could be good. they should take a page from the comics and go extreamly violent

"death to the humans"
Old 10-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by noctuary
Does anyone else remember Dark Horse's old AvP comics? They were actually really good, and if they used the same storyline for a movie, it could turn out to be much better than the last one. Ah well, if wishes were horses...
I agree, but from the begining the director wanted to stay away from both the comic books and the PC games so that there would be no connection with the movie and the other media. Thats also why it was called ALIEN vs. Predator and not ALIENS vs. Predator.