Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 01-16-2019, 03:05 PM
cheebacheeba's Avatar
cheebacheeba cheebacheeba is offline
What the shit?!?

 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,767
Quote:
Un-Wheel Tournament --
Speaking of racing games, Unreal Tournament had a mod called Unwheel that was a really fun racing game. Ever try that?
Nope. Never even heard of it. What version of the game was it on?

Quote:
I played a little of the Far Cry original demo way back when, was adding more freedom and openworld to the genre.
The first one?
In my opinion, this was the best one for the simple reason that it blended military kind of shooters with more sci-fi elements. None of the rest of them have done that and while I've never played one through none have really appealed all that greatly.
Maybe the one called "Primal"?
I have 3 & 4 here, I'll probably put some time in at one stage.

Though yeah if you haven't played FC1, and you can get yourself a copy?
Very rewarding game.


I'd like to add: PORTAL and PREY (The first one, not the current borefest).
Really wish PREY got that sequel they intended...the trailer looked very fun.
__________________
The door opened...you got in..:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-16-2019, 05:12 PM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Nope. Never even heard of it. What version of the game was it on?



The first one?
In my opinion, this was the best one for the simple reason that it blended military kind of shooters with more sci-fi elements. None of the rest of them have done that and while I've never played one through none have really appealed all that greatly.
Maybe the one called "Primal"?
I have 3 & 4 here, I'll probably put some time in at one stage.

Though yeah if you haven't played FC1, and you can get yourself a copy?
Very rewarding game.


I'd like to add: PORTAL and PREY (The first one, not the current borefest).
Really wish PREY got that sequel they intended...the trailer looked very fun.
Unwheel was a mod for Unreal Tournament 2004. The physics/handling was different, and sensitive, for each car. Had to pick the right car for the right terrain. They had CTF and one where you pushed a big metal ball into a goal. That was blast.



I just played the demo of the first Far Cry. It was pretty nifty, but like you, it didn't grab my attention at the time.

Yeah, Portal was great! I had played the Half-Life games, so I was already a little familiar with the physics. But that game was a lot of fun! I think I played thru Portal 2 too, but I can't even remember. I was about done with the experience by the time I finished the first Portal, it was just the right length. It's still on my Steam.

Rather I was a big COD4 MP player on steam. Liked team deathmatch, keeping it somewhere between 2v2 to 4v4, anymore than 8 players starts getting too chaotic for my tastes.
__________________
.
.
.
.


Last edited by Sculpt; 01-16-2019 at 05:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-16-2019, 08:29 PM
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
ImmortalSlasher ImmortalSlasher is offline
Immortal horror fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I meant Most Fun video game, not Funniest.

Sorry, I was having a little fun with the word fun. People often say funnest (the word in the title), but they don't write it. Websters dictionary now also lists fun as an adj that can be written 'correctly' as funnest, funner, etc. I'll ask Hammerfan to edit my title. Interesting experiment. = )

Leisure Suit Larry -- yes, I tried playing that game when I was a kid, and I couldn't answer those questions either. Besides that game, I don't know of any funny games either. But I ask a pal of mine who probably knows of some. I did play this game where one of you weapons caused a great white to pop out of the ground and eat your enemies, that was hilarious!
Yeah I guess I misread the title.

I think Resident Evil 4's mini games are fun. Usually my favorite games are fun. Daytona USA is fun. Especially the more advanced stages when playing against good players.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-18-2019, 08:25 AM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,162
Jedi Knight -- Internet Gaming Zone

The most fun multiplayer game I ever played was probably Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2, Star Wars) on the Internet Gaming Zone. Gaming-wise there was light saber fighting, lots of weapons and even Force powers. We had a group that would play together nightly and there was a ton of chatting as that was one of the first games that had a chat in-game.

Plus the Internet Gaming Zone help spawn large communities and tournaments. There were the chat rooms to talk and assemble a group that would then launch a game together. The Gaming Zone helped the creation of gaming clans, clan websites and clan forums. All of it was a lot of fun.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Yeah I guess I misread the title.

I think Resident Evil 4's mini games are fun. Usually my favorite games are fun. Daytona USA is fun. Especially the more advanced stages when playing against good players.
what were the mini games? Little arcade games within the game?
__________________
.
.
.
.


Last edited by Sculpt; 01-18-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-21-2019, 06:52 AM
fudgetusk's Avatar
fudgetusk fudgetusk is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Jet Set sounds like fun. I was never into the ski and skateboard games myself.

I would have played Doom, but I was hooked on Dukenukem. Played some of the Hexen and Doom demos. Eventually would move on to Half-life, Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament(s), Call of Duty(s), the new Wolfenstein, etc.

Did you ever play XBOX's original Godzilla fighting game? That was one I was interested in.
JET SET RADIO FUTURE wasn't really a sports game. I hate sports games.
__________________
Here's my music...

https://alonetone.com/fudgetusk/tracks
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-21-2019, 08:57 AM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
JET SET RADIO FUTURE wasn't really a sports game. I hate sports games.
Did you think I said it was a sports game? I suggested it was like ski and skateboard games.

But now that you mention sports games... I think sports games are football, baseball, etc. Then of course there's track & field and gymnastics are considered sports, not many of those are video games. And then other meanings for sports like fishing, hunting, martial arts... some would call those sport games. And all the types of racing are generally considered sports and sports games: auto, BMX, skiing... and then there's 'extreme sports' that aren't racing, they're skill performance like ski jumps, surfing, skateboard, etc, and probably rollerblades.

I look at Jet Set Radio Future and you're racing around on rollerblades, jumps, riding the rails, running into 'prizes', at points you race other dudes, some skill jumping... while spraying graffiti, knocking over police and dancing... but it's not really about graffiti or gangs -- the gang RPG aspect is very slight as you're always skating around with that skill aspect, though there's definitely some arcade aspects running into prizes. It's a fusion of game types for sure, but I don't know if I wouldn't put it in the big, big bag called sports games that includes the skateboarding games. I took a peak at wiki and for genre it lists: "Action, sports". What genre would you call Jet Set?
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-22-2019, 10:40 PM
ImmortalSlasher's Avatar
ImmortalSlasher ImmortalSlasher is offline
Immortal horror fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: In a dark moonlit forest.
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
what were the mini games? Little arcade games within the game?
Well they are usually called mini games. But you can also call them bonus modes, extra features, etc. I'm talking about The Mercenaries and Assignment Ada.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-24-2019, 02:38 AM
Amalthea_unicorn Amalthea_unicorn is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hollow Shades
Posts: 1,447
Knight Tyme
__________________
Twilight Sparkle: I've got something to say! She's evil!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-24-2019, 03:53 AM
fudgetusk's Avatar
fudgetusk fudgetusk is offline
Evil Dead
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Did you think I said it was a sports game? I suggested it was like ski and skateboard games.

But now that you mention sports games... I think sports games are football, baseball, etc. Then of course there's track & field and gymnastics are considered sports, not many of those are video games. And then other meanings for sports like fishing, hunting, martial arts... some would call those sport games. And all the types of racing are generally considered sports and sports games: auto, BMX, skiing... and then there's 'extreme sports' that aren't racing, they're skill performance like ski jumps, surfing, skateboard, etc, and probably rollerblades.

I look at Jet Set Radio Future and you're racing around on rollerblades, jumps, riding the rails, running into 'prizes', at points you race other dudes, some skill jumping... while spraying graffiti, knocking over police and dancing... but it's not really about graffiti or gangs -- the gang RPG aspect is very slight as you're always skating around with that skill aspect, though there's definitely some arcade aspects running into prizes. It's a fusion of game types for sure, but I don't know if I wouldn't put it in the big, big bag called sports games that includes the skateboarding games. I took a peak at wiki and for genre it lists: "Action, sports". What genre would you call Jet Set?
I would call skating , in any manner, a sport. Jet Set is more a fighting game for me than a sports game. It's just that you sprey people instead of shooting them.
__________________
Here's my music...

https://alonetone.com/fudgetusk/tracks
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-24-2019, 06:33 AM
Sculpt's Avatar
Sculpt Sculpt is offline
ventricle
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: USA, IL
Posts: 5,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
I would call skating , in any manner, a sport. Jet Set is more a fighting game for me than a sports game. It's just that you sprey people instead of shooting them.
Gotcha. Did you ever play Jedi Knight (Dark Forces II)?
__________________
.
.
.
.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:05 PM.