Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to azathoth777 Send a message via Yahoo to azathoth777
Looking for new authors to read

I'm looking for some new horror authors to check out, know any good ones? I generally prefer more fucked-up and graphic stuff, like earlier Jack Ketchum, but I'm willing to give just about anything a go.
i demand and expect quality.
right now, once and for all.
quality time.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:23 AM
maineman

Try The Road by Cormac Mccarthy or The Book With No Name by Anonymous. Two of the more fucked up books I've read this year.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:14 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks

A chilling tale of a teen killer in small-town Scotland. The critics were all over the place on this one, The Independant names it "one of the 100 most important novels of the century" and the Times (London) called it "Rubbish!"

really good stuff

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 10-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Evil Dead

Thanks guys. I'll check those out as soon as possible.
quality time.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Your funeral... my trial

I would strongly recommend that you read Thomas Ligotti, but no one ever listens to this recommendation. If you just want fucked up and graphic, read Edward Lee or Ray Garton. Dumb as a box of hammers, but plenty bloody.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctuary View Post
I would strongly recommend that you read Thomas Ligotti, but no one ever listens to this recommendation. If you just want fucked up and graphic, read Edward Lee or Ray Garton. Dumb as a box of hammers, but plenty bloody.
I have actually read some Ligotti, thanks to a band I really like featuring some of him writings in their songs. He's pretty good.

Bloody is fine, dumb as a box of hammers I could do with out.
quality time.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Your funeral... my trial

A Current 93 fan, I take it?
Old 10-11-2006, 06:58 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctuary View Post
A Current 93 fan, I take it?
Indeed! It's always nice to find others who know them.
quality time.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:10 AM
ali555

Smile

Try Vampire Apocalypse by Derek Gunn available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble etc. Published by KHP Industries Sept 2006