Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Bkeela

Looking for Horror Anthology

When I was in primary school in the early 80s, there was a book in the library that always fascinated me.

It was a collection of short stories. The most striking feature was the eerie illustrations: a man with eyes and mouth stitched closed, a corpse like woman with a floral dress, and other depictions of people in torment and pain.

Unfortunately that is all I have to go by, so short of undergoing hypnosis to retrieve the title and publisher, I wonder if anyone here has any suggestions?

The book is a collection of short stories - probably meant for teenage consumption, and it featured very disturbing art. It was likely published somewhere between 1980 and 1983.

Everytime I read Lovecraft's Pickman's Model, I am reminded of the artwork of this book. Whoever the artist was, he had a genius for depicting horror to rival Pickman himself.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkeela View Post
When I was in primary school in the early 80s, there was a book in the library that always fascinated me.

It was a collection of short stories. The most striking feature was the eerie illustrations: a man with eyes and mouth stitched closed, a corpse like woman with a floral dress, and other depictions of people in torment and pain.

Unfortunately that is all I have to go by, so short of undergoing hypnosis to retrieve the title and publisher, I wonder if anyone here has any suggestions?

The book is a collection of short stories - probably meant for teenage consumption, and it featured very disturbing art. It was likely published somewhere between 1980 and 1983.

Everytime I read Lovecraft's Pickman's Model, I am reminded of the artwork of this book. Whoever the artist was, he had a genius for depicting horror to rival Pickman himself.

sounds like the illustrations in clive barkers Books of Blood but that wasnt aimed at teens.

i think he does his own artwork
Old 10-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Bkeela

The collection I'm referring to is obviously very obscure. The Books of Blood were published well outside of 1983.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkeela View Post
The collection I'm referring to is obviously very obscure. The Books of Blood were published well outside of 1983.
Copyright 1984 by Clive Barker

how do you define 'well outside' ?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Bkeela

A million years, give or take a century or two.

1983 would be the very outer limit for the book I am searching for, so 1984 is as good as being a million years outside the bracket.