Old 03-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
I'm going to check this out soon, i don't mind stuff like this usually. I just rented wrong turn, which I know is gonna suck, but I still want to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 03-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Smack My Titties

I like any film which completely surprises me with a twist.

The term "neat twist" might provoke disdain from more cynical viewers, but when they're as good as Haute Tension, Fight Club, Secret Window (maybe Chuck Palahniuk had read King's book?) and The Others then who cares? It's fun to need to rewind your brain and consider all that has gone before, even if it is just to seek out plot-holes and conveniences.

If only someone could show M Daytime Shayamalan how it's done.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Is dead end better than wrong turn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 03-11-2006, 10:53 AM
Evil Dead

i'm waiting to see sin-jin smythe.....sounds like it's gonna be a winner.

http://www.pitofhorror.com/newdesign...jin_review.htm for more info
Old 03-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally posted by PR3SSUR3
If only someone could show M Daytime Shayamalan how it's done.
Sixth Sense (and the other movies you mentioned) were far superior to Haute Tension as far as the twist goes. I also enjoy rewinding my brain and looking back but in HT so much of it didn't make sense and I ended up being very dissapointed in the ending. I did like the action and it was a good movie in my opinion but the ending was fairly weak.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by PR3SSUR3
I like any film which completely surprises me with a twist.

thats just the thing a lot of people dont like .. they cant handle the change of direction once their wagon gets rolling.

i also dig the about face some movies can take :

From Dusk Til Dawn
Shallow Grave
Miracle Mile

did it for me ..
Old 03-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
thats just the thing a lot of people dont like .. they cant handle the change of direction once their wagon gets rolling.

i also dig the about face some movies can take :

From Dusk Til Dawn
Shallow Grave
Miracle Mile

did it for me ..
I LOVED the way Dusk Til Dawn started out almost as a heist movie and then BANG you're hit with vampires. I love that movie.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Steve_Hutchison
I actually loved this movie. It's one of my favorite. The first time I saw it, I felt like being told a campfire tale.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:48 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I thought it was really good. Here's my review from Last seen Movie:

Wow. I never thought that I'd be creeped out by someone singing Jingle Bells. This right here folks is a great, scary, intelligent horror flick. Ray Wise always does a great job, and this time he headed up a whole cast of above-average actors. The characters were pretty good, though I'll admit that Richard AKA "Comic Relief Jackass" got on my nerves pretty quick. The plot was very, very good...borrowed a bit from other movies, but overall it was pretty original. There were some very tense moments, and I will admit to being more than a bit freaked out near the end. The twist at the end wasn't too hard to see coming, but it was still very well done and leaves a lot up to your imagination. There was one thing that bothered me though. Films such as the original Amityville, Blair Witch Project, or even the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre profited from not showing the viewer everything they wanted to see. In those films, it was done very well and created a lot of tension. That doesn't work for this film though...at one point, they're all standing around something commenting on how disgusting it is. The camera is looking up at the family from the "thing"'s point of view while they all stare at it, not done well at all. That wasn't a huge problem though, it didn't happen too often. One thing that didn't bother me, but would bother a lot of people was the pacing. This movie is VERY slow in parts, however it needed to be. If you don't like slow movies, this might not be for you. Overall though, this is a very creepy and atmospheric movie that comes highly recommended by me. Check it out!

9/10
Old 04-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Scares Little Kids

Predictable

I didn't liked it, was too predictable, like Reeker. It had a couple of good scares but that was all.