Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-19-2013, 11:03 AM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
metternich: I am looking forward to finally seeing The Conjuring.
I saw it in theatres; I really enjoyed it.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:23 PM
The Undead

Last bought Horror DVD/Blu-ray/VHS

I don't know fi I placed the thread in the right section. Mod can move it if necessary.

This is my last movies bought. All DVD:

Box containing the first 5 movies.

Box containing the first 3 movies.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Coven of the Bloodsisters

Send a message via Yahoo to Alucard the Risen
Hey, new guy here!

Just now found and joined this site. I'm relatively new to the horror scene aside from the 'staples' and 'cliches'.

I recently replaced my copy (that was stolen) of Carrie (original) for $5, which was a great deal, also picked up Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection, Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak On a Plane (a nifty flick I caught on TV Saturday), and the original I Spit On Your Grave, yeah, my local 'big box' stores don't carry much, and Hastings was closed yesterday for repairs to the ceiling/roof (bad storms).

Anyone have any suggestions for a guy who's barely got his feet wet?

Note: No need to be timid, anything is okay, :)
Old 10-31-2013, 06:34 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard the Risen View Post
Just now found and joined this site. I'm relatively new to the horror scene aside from the 'staples' and 'cliches'.

I recently replaced my copy (that was stolen) of Carrie (original) for $5, which was a great deal, also picked up Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection, Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak On a Plane (a nifty flick I caught on TV Saturday), and the original I Spit On Your Grave, yeah, my local 'big box' stores don't carry much, and Hastings was closed yesterday for repairs to the ceiling/roof (bad storms).

Anyone have any suggestions for a guy who's barely got his feet wet?

Note: No need to be timid, anything is okay, :)
Shutter (2004), A Tale of Two Sisters (2003), Rec (2007), The Orphanage (2007), Battle Royale (2000) are some good foreign language horror films. I actually consider the first two to be two of the scariest films I have ever seen.

Lucio Fulci is really good if you like surrealist non-linear Italian stuff. I really enjoy his films. Some good ones are Zombie 2, The Beyond (my personal favorite so far), House by the Cematary. I heard City of the Living Dead was good.

Some good B-Movies include Killer Klowns From Outer Space (1988), Croczilla (Okay not really good, but it's stupidely hilarious), Grindhouse (it is made line two B-movies and is quite excellent, my favorite of the two films is Death Proof), Rumpelstiltskin (1990s film) (not a masterpiece, but I liked it) and The Cat People (1942).

Some good slashers, Sleepaway Camp (1983), Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984) (one of my favorite slashers), April Fool's Day (1986), Prom Night (1980)

Psychological Thrillers- The Ugly, Cube, Jacobs Ladder (1990), Peeping Tom (1960).

Vampires- From Dusk Till Dawn, Near Dark, Interview with the Vampire

Werewolfs- Ginger Snaps, The Howling (my favorite werewolf movie)

Supernatural- The Haunting (1963) (surprisingly scary despite age), Rosemary's Baby (1968), House of Usher (1960) (this film also creeped me out), The Devil Inside (2012)(alot of people hate it, but I really enjoyed it), Wishmaster (1997), The Guardian (1990)

Hopefully, I was able to reccomend some films you have not seen.

Last edited by metternich1815; 10-31-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Added The Guardian
Old 10-31-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
Shutter (2004), A Tale of Two Sisters (2003), Rec (2007), The Orphanage (2007), Battle Royale (2000) are some good foreign language horror films. I actually consider the first two to be two of the scariest films I have ever seen.

Lucio Fulci is really good if you like surrealist non-linear Italian stuff. I really enjoy his films. Some good ones are Zombie 2, The Beyond (my personal favorite so far), House by the Cematary. I heard City of the Living Dead was good.

Some good B-Movies include Killer Klowns From Outer Space (1988), Croczilla (Okay not really good, but it's stupidely hilarious), Grindhouse (it is made line two B-movies and is quite excellent, my favorite of the two films is Death Proof), Rumpelstiltskin (1990s film) (not a masterpiece, but I liked it) and The Cat People (1942).

Some good slashers, Sleepaway Camp (1983), Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984) (one of my favorite slashers), April Fool's Day (1986), Prom Night (1980)

Psychological Thrillers- The Ugly, Cube, Jacobs Ladder (1990), Peeping Tom (1960).

Vampires- From Dusk Till Dawn, Near Dark, Interview with the Vampire

Werewolfs- Ginger Snaps, The Howling (my favorite werewolf movie)

Supernatural- The Haunting (1963) (surprisingly scary despite age), Rosemary's Baby (1968), House of Usher (1960) (this film also creeped me out), The Devil Inside (2012)(alot of people hate it, but I really enjoyed it), Wishmaster (1997)

Hopefully, I was able to reccomend some films you have not seen.
Actually you named a fair few, most of my experience comes from mainstream and television. I hadn't heard of Lucio Fulci until now, thanks for the suggestions, gives me a project for this weekend, since I'm stuck in bed anyway, :)
Old 10-31-2013, 06:58 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard the Risen View Post
Actually you named a fair few, most of my experience comes from mainstream and television. I hadn't heard of Lucio Fulci until now, thanks for the suggestions, gives me a project for this weekend, since I'm stuck in bed anyway, :)
I am glad I could help. There are so many great horror movies; it is an amazing genre. Well, I hope you like the films. I will note that there are some films I recommended that are better than others, but they are all good, in my opinion.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:06 PM

Hey, even if I don't like some of them, that's just my opinion, so no harm done, right?

:)
Old 11-01-2013, 05:49 PM

A local video store had all horror and Halloween themed movies set at 50% off until closing on Sunday, had only $10 and no card so I came home with House of 1,000 Corpses, Queen of the Damned, and The Shining.

That was all they had left that I both didn't own and liked enough, though that isn't saying much since it wasn't a large selection to begin with, but hey I did good for $10 I think, :p
Old 11-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Now she has us.

Paranormal Activity 3
Sinister
The last Exorcism
V/H/S
Silent Hill Revelation
The Bay

all R2 in the sales

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 11-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Wanna Join?

$2.99 each on sale at Freddies today. Got the SF pack for David Cronenberg's EXISTENZ and the Midnight Horror Collection for DEMONIC TOYS if for no other reason than comic great David S. Goyer wrote the screenplay.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE