Old 08-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Most of Romero's movies post-1985 have sucked. Day of the Dead was the last good one.
100% correct.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
100% correct.
A: Nice ratings

B: You're wrong
Old 08-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
There's Always Vanilla (1971) havent watched this one yet (but i have it)

there's no rush.....
Old 08-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
A: Nice ratings
I presuem this is sarcasm or something. I posted earlier in the thread about how I felt about each of films of his i've seen. I'm not really into giving films a score out of 10 as its not always an indictcation of how good a film is.

Basically:

I pretty much really like all his films Day of the dead or before (I have not seen There's Always Vanilla though).

Not seen Knightriders for some time but I liked it when I did. Martin and Crazies are excellent movies and I really enjoyed Season of the Witch. Of the TRILOGY is a master piece.

After '85, I feel his work becomes more and more like that of a hack. I think Bruiser is definally his lowest point - I couldn't believe how weak this film was. I didn't have much hope for LOTD and I was right. It was pretty average. Same for Diary of the Dead but here I was pleasently suprised and I actually enjoyed it a lot not expecting much in the first place.

I also liked Two Eye Eyes but more so Argentos contribution - ROmeros felt like a TV Movie/episode of the Twilight Zone.
Edit/Delete Message
Old 08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
I presuem this is sarcasm or something. I posted earlier in the thread about how I felt about each of films of his i've seen. I'm not really into giving films a score out of 10 as its not always an indictcation of how good a film is.

Basically:

I pretty much really like all his films Day of the dead or before (I have not seen There's Always Vanilla though).

Not seen Knightriders for some time but I liked it when I did. Martin and Crazies are excellent movies and I really enjoyed Season of the Witch. Of the TRILOGY is a master piece.

After '85, I feel his work becomes more and more like that of a hack. I think Bruiser is definally his lowest point - I couldn't believe how weak this film was. I didn't have much hope for LOTD and I was right. It was pretty average. Same for Diary of the Dead but here I was pleasently suprised and I actually enjoyed it a lot not expecting much in the first place.

I also liked Two Eye Eyes but more so Argentos contribution - ROmeros felt like a TV Movie/episode of the Twilight Zone.
Edit/Delete Message
Not sarcasm at all, I was merely pointing out that you took the time to talk about the films. I would put Romero over Argento ANY day but that's the beauty of art, it's subjective. Don't get so defensive.