Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-29-2010, 02:50 AM
For Vendetta

My tryst with a razor-wielding maniac!

He came at me with a razor.

I sat numbed with fear, too terrified to speak or run. He looked at me and an evil grin broke on his lips, in anticipation of my fear of him. He took a small step forward, left arm slowly extending towards my face, right hand clutching the wicked-looking razor tightly.

I gulped without moving, rooted to my place with sheer fright. I opened my mouth to scream, but no sound came out of it. His eyes teased me, as if saying "Come, come...don't make this hard for us!"

My nerves were on fire as he reached for the side of my face, the razor following his hand. Inside, I was screaming, shouting, pleading for help as his razor started to tear at my face from all sides - up and down the cheeks, the chin, the upper lip, below the lower lip, the cheekbones, the sides of the forehead. I felt huge gushes of blood running below the skin to the parts of my face where his razor was ripping through. My brain was urging me to fight him off and dash out, but my legs had turned to lead. I closed my eyes tightly in a silent prayer to God, to finish my ordeal as painlessly as possible. I was too afraid to open them, because I knew that the sight of my own blood and my horribly disfigured, bloody scarred face will surely make me faint in fright.

A noiseless whimper escaped my lips, as he drew back and examined me closely. I opened my eyes and searched his face for any signs of remorse. He had none. Satisfied at his sadistic artistry, he smiled at me again. His voice broke the silence between us.

"That will be 30 rupees, please."

I stared disbelievingly into the mirror at my clean-shaven reflection, then back at the barber, who had suddenly stopped smiling.

"Is there a problem?" his voice sounded sincere and anxious.

"I-I th-think," I stammered in-between a couple of gulps, "I h-have forgott-ten my wallet at home!"

Last edited by _____V_____; 04-29-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Cranky

Haha- that was great! Very well done. Very descriptive- I could see every image you describe and I could feel the emotions you describe as well. I was surprised by the ending.

This could stand alone as a "mini-story" and it would also make a great beginning of a longer story or novel.

Job well done, man. Keep at it!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 04-29-2010, 04:46 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Wow! that's very wonderfully written! Man...I have noticed it several times before that you have a fantastic talent of writing. Fully agree with NE, keep it up...and wish to read some more twisted little short stories from you in coming days.:)
Old 04-29-2010, 08:51 AM
For Vendetta

Thanks for the very generous feedback, guys. :)

I am no talent when it comes to writing - just an avid reader I guess. Went to the barber's today to get hair trimmed military-style. (not exactly, but trimmed VERY small) Always do it when summer is on, keeps me feeling light and cool.

Noticed his way of conducting his trade and naturally, being a horror fan, the idea sparked.

Then it was back here, and putting it into words.

Glad you both liked it! :D
Old 04-29-2010, 09:01 AM
Cranky

Well, that's exactly how a writer goes about things- he has an experience, and then his imagination starts working...

You have more talent than you think!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 04-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Very good prose. Sharp, humorous. I myself am scared to death of haircuts and being shaved by other people.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:36 AM
For Vendetta

Thanks, Doc. Coming from you, that's a pretty BIG compliment for me. I stand humbled! :)
Old 04-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
Your character was believable very easy to relate to, and I loved how you took an everyday situation and turned it around inside your characters head-good job :)
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 05-14-2010, 06:06 AM
HDC Idol

hahaha - That was awesome, V - Very descriptive without being too wordy. I can just picture you sweating there (mwahahahahahahahahaha) - Keep it up!

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-15-2010, 11:40 AM
For Vendetta

Thanks, darlin'! Glad you enjoyed it. :)