Old 10-09-2017, 12:36 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Blade Runner 2049
8/10

It's two hours and forty-three minutes long.

There's some films we see and ask ourselves, 'why?'... I mean, 'why did they make this film?', that is, 'what is it trying to say?'. This film is a light touch, and rather existential, neither of which are bad things, if when it's all said and done the audience comes to it's own satisfying conclusion. I don't think that will happen with this film... and at a runtime of two hours and forty-three minutes, that isn't going to sit well with most.
I just don't think the film was more revealing of the subject matter, nor poignant enough.
Though I loved the film but yeah...I can't argue with you or anyone if he/she thinks that the final payoff wasn't much satisfactory enough in compare to its slow burn build up & length of the film. I liked the way the story progressed on Officer K's perspective & all the twists & turns that lead him to that finale and along the way all that nicely captured his inner urge for a family and the choices he made despite what the 'truth' ultimately turned out at the end. His female companion "Joi" was also a clever but moving touch to the story. The confrontation between Niander Wallace (Jared Leto) & Deckard was the most or one of the strongest parts...the way Wallace tried to crush him emotionally & the way Deckard responded (Ford's finest performance in recent years) was quite distressing & compelling at the same time. Though there wasn't any Roy Batty with a touching monologue this time but still overall I found this a pretty good sequel in compare to today's Hollywood standard. Actually we couldn't bargain & get better than this, IMO, a perfect combination of the finest talents of current Hollywood you'll find here in almost every department of the film. Like you said the way Denis Villeneuve & his team kept intact the spirit of the original film, expanded the world beautifully in terms of new characters, a neat story and the overall aesthetic value.

I think it convincingly outshines most other contemporary, so called Sci-Fi masterpieces (i.e. Interstellar or even including his own 2016 film ARRIVAL!).

>>: A

Last edited by roshiq; 10-09-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:14 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Happy Hunting (2017)

>>: B-

Escape Room (2017)

>>: F

Amityville: The Awakening (2017)

It wasn't bad but nothing much good either; expected it'd be little better than an average haunted house flick.

>>: C+

Better Watch Out (2017)

On a Holiday night at a quiet suburban street, a young babysitter's last day at job gradually descends into chaos & bloody as the young boy she's caring for turns out to have a "huge crush" for her!

It was pretty fun & entertaining.

>>: B+
Old 10-09-2017, 12:11 PM
病気の

Freddy Vs. Jason, 2003. 7/10

Thumb resize.

Shallow Ground, 2004. 7/10

The Prophecy, 1995. 9/10

Triloquist, 2008. 8/10

Old 10-09-2017, 04:25 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Though I loved the film but yeah...I can't argue with you or anyone if he/she thinks that the final payoff wasn't much satisfactory enough in compare to its slow burn build up & length of the film. I liked the way the story progressed on Officer K's perspective & all the twists & turns that lead him to that finale and along the way all that nicely captured his inner urge for a family and the choices he made despite what the 'truth' ultimately turned out at the end. His female companion "Joi" was also a clever but moving touch to the story. The confrontation between Niander Wallace (Jared Leto) & Deckard was the most or one of the strongest parts...the way Wallace tried to crush him emotionally & the way Deckard responded (Ford's finest performance in recent years) was quite distressing & compelling at the same time. Though there wasn't any Roy Batty with a touching monologue this time but still overall I found this a pretty good sequel in compare to today's Hollywood standard. Actually we couldn't bargain & get better than this, IMO, a perfect combination of the finest talents of current Hollywood you'll find here in almost every department of the film. Like you said the way Denis Villeneuve & his team kept intact the spirit of the original film, expanded the world beautifully in terms of new characters, a neat story and the overall aesthetic value.

I think it convincingly outshines most other contemporary, so called Sci-Fi masterpieces (i.e. Interstellar or even including his own 2016 film ARRIVAL!).

>>: A
Let's talk about film. I'll start a thread in this forum for everyone who's see it and would like to talk about it including 'spoilers': http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68198

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-10-2017 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Evil Sweat

Watched a bunch of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies (all dubbed) and I still got a few more to watch.

They Call Me Trinity (1970)
Trinity Is Still My Name (1971)
All The Way Boys (1972)
Odds And Evens (1978)
Watch Out, We're Mad (1974)
Crime Busters (1977)
Who Finds A Friend Finds A Treasure (1981)
Go For It (1983)
Double Trouble (1984)

Good times...

Hell House LLC (2016)
C
Not great but ok as far as found footage goes.

The Crucifixion (2017)
Meh.
Possession/demon flick set in Eastern Europe. Starts out alright but quit caring towards the end.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:59 PM
病気の

Isolation, 2005. 7/10

Old 10-12-2017, 12:33 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Red Christmas (2016)

May be because she was one of the producers but surprised to see 80s one of our favorite scream queens...DEE WALLACE giving such a dedicated, one hell of a performance at this age for this average, low budget slasher flick!

Just for her I'm giving it a C, instead of more deserving C- or D.

The Crucifixion (2017)

Expected better from Xavier Gens [FRONTIER(S) & THE DIVIDE]. Another average possession flick.

>>: C

Last edited by roshiq; 10-12-2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:29 AM
Evil Dead

Old 10-13-2017, 09:35 PM
Evil Sweat

Brawl In Cell Block 99 (2017)
A-
Solid crime drama with some brutal violence and an excellent Vince Vaughn. Perhaps his best performance yet.
From the writer/director of Bone Tomahawk. I'm already looking forward to his next movie: Dragged Across Concrete. Another crime-drama with Vince Vaughn and Mel Gibson as cops becoming criminals.
One annoying bit, there a scene during broad daylight that's ruined by the blue-grey lense thing they applied, making it look to dark. But it's a short scene.

The Babysitter (2017)
B
Entertaining horror-comedy. It's about a geeky 12-year old and his babysitter. Knowing more would spoil things.
Netflix certainly got the colouring right. Guess they read the article on Cracked.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:57 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Houses October Built 2 (2017)

>>: C-

Tags
movie