Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-27-2013, 08:43 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Epic FAIL!!!

Not that i really give a shit, but i would rather prefer either Bradley Cooper or Ryan Gosling for the role.
Coopers too happy and Goslings too bland. I don't think Afflecks the best choice but I'm sure he'll be better then George Clooney and Val Kilmer. The movies gonna suck anyway just like the first.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Demon from Ago

Definitely wouldn't have been my pick but maybe, just maybe he can pull off a heath ledger like performance. I doubt it but there is always hope.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Horror Fan

Just can't see this ending well.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:55 AM
For Vendetta

Affleck's Batman will be 'tired, weary and seasoned' says WB Exec
CEO Kevin Tsujihara calls Affleck 'perfect for the vision' of the film

Quote:
Not everybody is happy with Ben Affleck playing DC Comics icon Batman in 2015's "Man of Steel" sequel, but the actor/director has a very important fan: Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara, who was quoted by The Hollywood Reporter as saying, "Ben is perfect for the vision [director Zack Snyder] has for that character."

Speaking at a investors conference on Thursday, Tsujihara acknowledged the vocally negative reaction following the initial announcement last month, reportedly saying, "The fact that you saw such a passionate response in the blogosphere is really kind of a testament to the love that people have for this character."

Tsujihara also gave some early insight into the film, with Deadline quoting the executive as saying Affleck's Batman will be "kind of tired and weary and seasoned and been doing it for a while."

More DC-related announcements are coming, according to Tsujihara. "DC really does touch a lot of parts of our business and is an important part of the strategy in how we're going to grow going forward," he's quoted in THR's report.

The "Man of Steel" sequel will be the first live-action film to pair both Superman and Batman, with Henry Cavill reprising his "Man of Steel" lead role.

Directed by Zack Snyder and written by David S. Goyer, the film is scheduled for release on July 17, 2015.
http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/9/13...ired-and-weary
Old 09-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Coopers too happy and Goslings too bland. I don't think Afflecks the best choice but I'm sure he'll be better then George Clooney and Val Kilmer. The movies gonna suck anyway just like the first.
Ditto; that's the thing. I've seen MAN OF STEEL in the theater, though Henry Cavill is at least did way better than Brandon Routh but quite disappointed with Snyder's treatment as he just made it an one big pile of a shitty chaos at the 2nd half.

I would rather love to see Michael Fassbender as the cape crusader.

Affleck is a decent actor who is good enough to play certain types of roles but not an action hero! In his most of the films, we see him with a common expression like someone just slapped him hard & he's about to cry. He's an actor who is better suited to play a role of a romantic hero or a brokenhearted young man who is frustrated about life or just got dumped by his gf or gay partner. I tried to think of him as Bruce Wayne as well Batsy but as a BatFan my imagination becomes an irritation for me at the end. Still, as Batman & Superman is going to face off on the big screen for the very first time, I really want to hope Snyder will somehow successfully do this incredible job of making Affleck an acceptable Bruce Wyane & Batman. I guess, they just took "Anyone can be Batman" joke too seriously. Fans are suffering for a result of some poor Hollywoody-studio driven game of power, fame & politics.
Still this whole casting thing would only become sensible if they're planning to make the 1st Gay-Superhero movie where Batman & Superman would fall for each other at some point in the movie! :D

Last edited by roshiq; 09-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Scares Little Kids

I think the whole superhero movie scene is messed up right know they just keep throwing movies down are throat come on Ben as batman that is disrespect to batman Ben can act but come on he does not have that edge to him that griddy
tough look dont get me started on marvel Thor sucked Iron-man is corny The best super hero series I think in my opinion is Wolverine. and I liked Punisher
were he fights Jigsaw the gore factor was there the story was good and it kicked butt Watchmen was a classic to They should make a movie on Sandman and Death DC vertigo movies would BE A CLASSIC
Old 12-04-2013, 08:12 PM
For Vendetta

Gal Gadot Cast as Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman!

Warner Bros. has announced this morning that Gal Gadot, most well known for appearing in the "Fast & Furious" films, has landed the role of Wonder Woman/Diana Prince in Zack Snyder's upcoming Batman vs. Superman film.

Quote:
In a statement, Zack Snyder stated: "Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character."
Batman vs. Superman will feature the return of Henry Cavill as Superman, facing off against Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Also starring Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne, the Zack Snyder-directed Batman vs. Superman hits theaters on July 17, 2015.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/newc...n-vs-superman/
Old 12-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Evil Dead

well, she's no Lynda Carter
Old 12-05-2013, 08:23 AM
HDC's old chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
well, she's no Lynda Carter
LOL! My first thought when I saw that picture was "She's too skinny to be Wonder Woman!"
Old 12-27-2013, 09:47 PM
For Vendetta

Gal Gadot breaks silence on criticism over Wonder Woman casting
Actress responds to fans who say she's not fit enough for the Amazon warrior

Weeks after the announcement of her casting, actress Gal Gadot has finally opened up about her upcoming turn as Wonder Woman in Zack Snyder’s untitled "Man of Steel" sequel.

In an interview with Israeli entertainment show "Good Evening with Gai Pines", Gadot said she represents “the Wonder Woman of the new world” — a direct response to fan criticism that she’s not fit enough, and not large-chested enough, to play the DC Comics icon.

Quote:
“Breasts … anyone can buy for 9,000 shekels and everything is fine,” she joked, adding, “Wonder Woman is Amazonian, and historically accurate Amazonian women actually had only one breast. So, if I’d really go ‘by the book’ … it’d be problematic.”
Gadot said she’s currently training for the role, with her preparations including learning “Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, jujutsu, [and] Brazilian” martial arts. “I’ll gain body mass,” she promised.

The new Wonder Woman debuts in the "Man of Steel" sequel on July 17, 2015.

http://batman-news.com/2013/12/26/ga...ning-and-more/

Last edited by _____V_____; 12-27-2013 at 09:49 PM.