Old 12-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
wow, who cares? the whole series is pretty much remakes anyway.
damn straight

enough with the doll movies....its a fucking doll....not scary.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I'M 37!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I can actually understand this remake.

I hope we get to see a whole new chucky. A SCARY chucky, with less bad one liners.

Could be alright.
True, but the first Child's Play really didn't have any one-liners. Hell, they were basically doing there best to keep the camera off of Chucky.

I should say that I'm not directly pissed that Child's Play is being remade, but that all movies are being remade. It's just a matter of time before we see a remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:32 AM
TomBeTom

They're just re-making films for the sake of it now. I hate this idea enough, but now they've got a Michael Bay produced remake of "The Birds" happening. I think some of the remakes so far have been decent, but none have bettered or equaled the originals, so there just seems to be no point now but to cash-in. This will probably end up with Chucky getting revealed in the first 15 minutes, with the rest being "Child's Play" via "Seed of Chucky." =/
Old 12-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Now..they truly want to fuck the Chuck.:p
Old 12-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Silent but Deadly

fuckin' shit
I cannot prepare for that which I cannot foresee; therefore, forgive me should I appear constantly unsettled by your behavior. The only patterns I base my life on are yours, and the routine which I derive from your behavior is only as solid as your adherence to your own behavioral patterns. If I cannot understand you, how can I live for you?

What does a blind, deaf, quadriplegic baby get for Christmas?
*Cancer*

Cure for overpopulation = Bubonic Plague
Old 08-19-2008, 08:04 PM
For Vendetta

Child's Play remake has Dourif back!

Aug 19, 2008

Brad Dourif will reprise his role as Chucky in the upcoming Child's Play reboot.

In an interview with the producers of the original Child's Play, writer Don Mancini said, "Who would you get that's better? …It's almost like recasting Homer Simpson or something."

Mancini, who spoke to AICN along with producer David Kirschner and Child's Play DVD producer Michelle Gold, said that although the character is animatronic, his voice has become iconic to horror fans. "I mean with Chucky... there's an aspect of him that feels like he's an animated character, so his voice is such an immense part of it as well as what he looks like," Mancini said. "If you could recast it, you would want the actor to sound kind of like it, but it would feel weird to just be completely different, I think."

Meanwhile, Kirschner explained that the film would be a reboot in the style of Incredible Hulk or Batman Begins. "It's a reboot of the Chucky origin story, I guess we can describe it that way," he said. Mancini added, "I think what we are mainly responding to, David and I, is the will of the fans, which is really telling us that they want to see a scary Chucky movie again. They want to go back to the straightforward horror rather than the horror comedy."

Mancini confessed that the idea of remaking Child's Play is at least partially an opportunity to take advantage of Hollywood's current appetite for existing properties, but he also said that the filmmakers want to return the character to his roots, so to speak. "I mean, part of that is business in the sense that that is a trend that is sort of galloping over Hollywood right now, but I feel like that's a trend we can use to our advantage, because it really does dovetail nicely with our main mission, which is to make it really scary. It's been four years since the last one, so it just seems like the timing is really good now for us to just recreate it in a way."

Kirschner echoed Mancini's sentiments. "I'm not even sure if I would say reinvention," he said. "I think Don has really created some really clever twists and expectations that a fan of the first Child's Play film, you will be surprised and shocked by, but it will follow I think very closely a lot of the first film against twists and turns that Don has put into it that an audience thinks it is going to go one way and we will go another even though the story is pretty similar."
Old 08-20-2008, 06:32 AM
Hellraiser

What's with the remakes nowadays???!

It's sad...but then again I thought the film was stupid
Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I couldn't really care less about this one, really...I didnt mind the first one, but didnt really care enough to bother watching any of the sequels.

I guess its a good thing that Dourif is back though, just on the principle of it.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Misanthrope

I can't wait! This is a great series of films.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Evil Dead

I've seen all of them...But really, a remake is pointless.....That would be like doing a remake of Gremlins.