Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Evil Dead

I watched The Hunger Games.Ive read all the books and thought they could have thrown in a few more details which would have made for a more thrilling film in all, ie,Katniss nearly dying due to dehydration ...However,it was really entertaining and reminded me of Logans run ,which cant be bad.7/10
Old 09-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Cold Light of Day (2011)

Poorly written script & characters, very average piece of shit.

>>: C-
Old 09-05-2012, 03:13 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
It's okay to be wrong, Posher. ;) :D
Hey, at least he likes Aliens, Dog Soldiers and 28 Days Later so he can't be all THAT bad.

---------------------

Feel free to shoot me for this but I actually liked this one (maybe my inner fan for all things Burton is saying this). But then again, I have never watched even a single episode of the original TV series so maybe I am not too judgmental about this one.

Loved Eva Green's Angelique, and I thought she suited her character very well. Depp, as always, shone through. Excellent atmosphere throughout the film, nice script and tight direction. Overall, a worthy watch.

* * * ½
Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Yeah this one's a lot better.

Indeed.

Based on a true story... my ass.

Yet another cliché.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Indeed.

Based on a true story... my ass.

Yet another cliché.

That stupid line is the reason I haven't gone to see it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 09-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Evil Dead

"Vampire" (1979)
-Jason Miller, E.G. Marshal, Richard Lynch

Plot: IMDB

-- His self-made, but unwanted sleep of nearly 40 years disturbed by the ground-breaking to build a new church, over his self-collapsed tomb, under an old house that was his refuge in the 1940's, Anton Voytek arises to drink the blood and control the lives of people of the modern age in the late 1970's. His plans thwarted to use the wealth he had stolen and hoarded over the ages of his long life, he takes revenge on the architect, his wife, a retired policeman and all the people who are important to them all, to gain his revenge and perhaps a companion in his never-ending night.

Phantom's Review: In the late '70's there was a major revival of interest in vampire stories, Frank Langella had a successful Broadway run as "Dracula" and in '79 starred in the film version. George Hamilton made the popular vampire spoof "Love At First Bite" and on TV there was a show called "Clifhangers" that had a segment called "Curse Of Dracula"with Micheal Nouri. During this vampire boom came this minor film. A pilot for a series that never made it. The film has a few things going for it, most notably Richard Lynch as the vampire.He plays the character with great style and nobility, but also very ferocious.He is what "The Vampire Lestat" should have looked like..Veteran actor E.G. Marshal does a fine job as the retired cop. In fact the only person who seems out of place is Jason Miller, he looks like he'd rather be any where else then in this film. In fact he seems totally bored by the whole thing.It's not a bad film, if your a vampire fan, but skip it if your not.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Tripper (2006)

>>: B-

Dark Shadows (2012)

Haven't seen the original series but thought it was quite fun, another typical Depp-Burton flick. At least I didn't find anything to dislike or hate about. Enjoyed it. As usually Eva Green was gorgeous & seductive on a common witch role but still I think as a pair, she best fits with Daniel Craig.

>>: B+

Airborne (2012)

The first half of the film was fine as it was progressing like a common 'freak-flight-feature' having a scenario mostly suited for passengers & crews one by one gets infected with a contagious virus. But it wasn't like that at all, rather the film comes with one of the most "unpredictable"...yet most terrible twists I have seen in films lately, which even old 'Luke Skywalker' couldn't save.

Don't waste time on this.

>>: C-
Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
The Tripper (2006)

>>: B-
I bet most people would've liked to hear about that one. But whatever. It's your world, man.. :rolleyes:
Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I bet most people would've liked to hear about that one. But whatever. It's your world, man.. :rolleyes:
ok-ok...don't cry, my friend...:D

Directed by David Arquette, a simple-fun-slasher with a bit of political satire where a Ronald Reagan-obsessed psychopath targets a bunch of hippies who are attending a weekend-long Free Love Festival & rock-and-roll concert in the woods. It's got a pretty decent cast including Thomas Jane, Lukas Haas & some other known faces but didn't turned out as good or fun as it seems to be. Quite average slasher.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Banned

cool story line,might have to check it out